can a sog person stop contact

Kitty

can a sog person stop contact

Post by Kitty » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:37 pm

hi all am going thopught a tuff time whit my oldest and is granny she as him under a sog and she stopped me from seeing my son whic i am aloud to see him naw she keeps texting me say just casue you only get to see your younger son once a month naw till he gets addopted dont think u can see your older son casue u carnt is she aloud to stop my contact whit my older son whit out a court order

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: can a sog person stop contact

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:25 am

Dear Kitty

The special guardian does have the power to exercise parental responsibility over and above anyone else who may share it, like the parent, relative or anyone that could have obtained a court order, such as a child arrangement order for instance.

However, the special guardian should only stop contact with good reason, if it would be in your son's best interests ie if there is evidence that the current contact plan is not meeting their emotional needs, for instance due to concerns about timekeeping, attendance or parental behaviour during contact.

Can I suggest you ask them for a meeting to discuss your concerns, to try to find a way forward in the first instance.

Best Wishes

Suzie

Kitty

Re: can a sog person stop contact

Post by Kitty » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:43 pm

hay i missed a few contacts whit my son cause i was ill and then my mum was ill and then they gave the room away to sum one els and then she did not evan bother sorting contasct out aging naw she is refusing me to see my son but i hv the slcial worke coming to see me on monday to talk about contact and things sop hopefully we can get stuff sorted out she as been texting me bad messages and stuff whic am going to show the ss worker am just feed up ov her texting me bad stuff all the time she evan sum haw found out about my youngest being put up for adoption naw she is say just casue u will never see him dont think u can styart seeing your older son again