xmas hard

Kitty

xmas hard

Post by Kitty » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:09 am

Xmas is hard this year not having my 2 boys he whit me kills me but at least i got to see my youngest yest and give him presant and i got presant to

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: xmas hard

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:34 pm

I am sorry that Christmas is so hard for you at the moment. But I am glad that your contact with your little one went well. Remember you can also speak to thebirth ties helpline for support.
Suzie

dvsurvivor

Post by dvsurvivor » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:14 pm

Dear Kitty I can't image the pain you are going through how my heart aches for you and all the other mums that have had their children taken off them.
Much love and hugs xx

ange301126

Post by ange301126 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:08 am

Dear Kitty, When the CS first came calling they were supposed to give you information about support services and tell you of your right to an advocate.It is one of the stipulations of the Children's Act frameworks.

In our case,they did not do so and in several others, when I have pointed it out to parents on the forums,they have confirmed that the sw's have not conducted their cases as they should do either.

When this happens, it is a serious contravention of Family Rights in my opinion. It is rather like the Police arresting a suspect without informing him of his rights to silence and a solicitor.

The Government declares that the only remedy is for one to appeal to a superior court. Solicitors will not support an appeal in your case so that remedy was scuppered! Why don't you ask Suzie if there is another remedy? I think you have a right to be treated fairly and within the frameworks but Suzie will tell you for sure. It may be that the CS are allowed to contravene the frameworks if it suits them on one ground or another. Perhaps they thought it was in the children's paramount interests to override the strict rules. Who knows? If anyone does, Suzie will!

You arrived on the forums after the orders were issued when it was too late to do much.Had you got support and advice from the FRG experts at an earlier stage (like dv survivor's daughter) things might have been much different. The government provides funds to assist the FRG to provide support to mums like you. It knows what a vital service Suzie provides.

The FRG contact details should be handed to all parents by the CS at the very start as a matter of course.

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:44 pm

Well i hv writen to the mp ams she is going to look in to the case for me but i hv not heard eany think from new Ss she just said i can hv councling the first time I saw her i did not Evan no we had a new one who is part of the looked after team

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:30 am

Dear Kitty

I am glad that you had a positive contact session with your youngest child.

Were you able to speak to Birth Ties before xmas, as they may be the most appropriate organisation to approach for support?

Alternatively, if you have a specific question about the process of your children being taken into care, please feel free to post it here, and I will see if we can help.

Otherwise, I am glad that your MP has been willing to consider a review of your case with Children's Services, and any other support options available to you at this difficult time.

Best Wishes

Suzie