plo meeting

dvsurvivor

plo meeting

Post by dvsurvivor » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:29 pm

I recived a phone call today saying the PLO meeting is cancelled again. That's the 3rd cancellation in 4 weeks. Is their a timescale that they have to be done in. Can I put in a complaint?

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: plo meeting

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:47 am

Dear DV survivor

Welcome to the parent's discussion board. My name is Suzie, one of FRG's online advisers.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing repeated cancellations to the proposed plo meeting schedule. If you have not done so already, can I suggest you ask for the reasons in writing.

Could it be a case of finding a suitable available time that is convenient for everyone or has there been significant changes in your circumstances that warrant a change to the care plan at this time?

Best Wishes

Suzie

dvsurvivor

Post by dvsurvivor » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:39 pm

The first time a solicitor was ill,second,third and forth time a solicitor could not make it.

Basil

Post by Basil » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:58 pm

get a solicitor from out your area please

dvsurvivor

Post by dvsurvivor » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:23 pm

Hi thankyou for your reply. Can I ask you why do you advice me to get a solicitor from out of my area? The one that keeps canceling is his solicitor. I must say my one is very good and from asking around has a very good reputation in winning cases with childrens services involved.

Basil

Post by Basil » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:01 pm

I thought my solicitor at the time was good, I was so wrong they seem to still do what ss want, best advise I had was to get another solicitor my solicitor at the time dragged things out, couldn't make appointments etc, finally said think things are going ok for you so I will close case. hang on a min I still need you but too late. case closed ss have my child s20. never trust them. take legal advise out of area I did and it has paid off. never sign anything always copy any paper work. good luck

dvsurvivor

Post by dvsurvivor » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:40 pm

Hi Basil thank you for your advice but I have already changed my solicitor as I did have one from outside my area and she was absolutely awful and no help at all. The one I have now I am very happy with her.
Please let me explain one of my children is under child protection because she is at risk living with her father who kept her after contact and didn't return her. Even though CS recommended she be returned to me she is still with her father. Now its just endless meetings and no real progress.

ange301126

Post by ange301126 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:22 am

Dear dvsurvivor, Glad to hear you are happy with your solicitor so why don't you get him or her to earn his or her money and get some progress a little more rapidly? You are so lucky to get a good one because often solicitors appear to collaborate with the CS a little too much.
Sometimes they refuse to take calls from parents and won't make appointments promptly saying they are too busy.
'Good on you' for seeing through the last one! However,ensure that your new solicitor gets every piece of documentation and a thorough briefing from the old one.Don't lose any evidence in the transfer or assume everything will be passed on.

dvsurvivor

Post by dvsurvivor » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:03 pm

My new solicitor was involved before childrens services were involved. She has all the paperwork and documents. She has also been trying to pursue things in private law. Unfortunately my ex husband keeps putting a "spanner in the works" to delay things. Unfortunately he knows the law and what he is doing to keep making things difficult.