success stories

ilovebingo69

success stories

Post by ilovebingo69 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:46 pm

Hi. Just wondering if their are any success stories of people getting the children back from care, as im going back to court in july to try to get care order discharged, and am wondering if their is anyone that has done that and won.

Home conditions are no longer an issue, the main reason for the kids been in foster care was supervision and im working on that in contacts as have been told my contacts are really good.

Im trying to do courses to help but having a real difficult time finding them ive managed to find a online triple p course that im doing, but I need to find other courses, have been told by my local surestart that because their is no chance ill get my kids back that theirs nothing they can help me with.

Any ideas.

charmed1

Re: success stories

Post by charmed1 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:29 pm

Hi ilovebingo. I hope so much that someone will post on here. Fingers crossed it will be you or me as we too hope to be back in court in July to revoke a full care order. We still have to endure an agonising wait to see if they can find adopters in the meantime.
ilovebingo69 wrote:Home conditions are no longer an issue, the main reason for the kids been in foster care was supervision and im working on that in contacts as have been told my contacts are really good.
My husband and I had to move as the landlord wanted a family occupying his 3 bed house! We are now in a two bed flat still suffering the bedroom tax but not so much. Our daughter has special needs so we felt separate rooms were beneficial. So we wait in hope that out new living arrangements can be seen as significant change. I have sold so many of our belongings so no clutter. Place is clean and easy to maintain. All criticisms by the way like you including lack of supervision. No one comes near though to see the changes. The guardian didn't even know we had moved. I told her before her pre final hearing drop in session and she didn't know our new address! How can we be seen to change if no one visits us? Our therapy has moved on another 3 months all what has been asked of us. Please let us know your updates as we are in a similar position to you I check back everyday. Take care.

ilovebingo69

Post by ilovebingo69 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:34 pm

That was me as well no one came to see the changes in the house the house was/is fully decorated all kids bedrooms everywhere, brand new kitchen the lot, I even took pictures to show the courts but they wernt bothered, im still living in three bedroom house but I cant move because of rent arrears and if I did move to a smaller house then I wouldn't be able to get all four kids back as they would say not enough room. I went solicitor yesterday and she told me that she doesn't think it would be viable going court in july as if the kids are settled and happy then the courts wont let them back. But I said im still going court their my children and they derserve to be home with me. I dont know how long I can continue like this, as everything reminds me of them.

I hope we both have good news in july.

Mama R

Post by Mama R » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:54 am

Hello to both of you, there is hope. I won! I'll try to be as brief as possible. In 2005 I was forced to agree to my daughter living with my grandmother under a special guardianship order (I give more detail in my post in 'do you have a child in care' which is titled 'is there any hope') in may 2013 my son was taken into foster care at birth, LA thought they had a cast iron case (to the point where they didn't bother with half the paperwork which delayed the final hearing by a month) in November 2013 I walked into that court room with LA, guardian & children solicitor all dead set against me & a family member waiting to take my baby off to Scotland, only my ex (baby's dad) was supporting my request to have our boy home. I walked out with A FULL RESIDENTS ORDER! LA have now 6 month's on admitted my baby is thriving in my care & they have no concerns. Don't give up, they can be beaten ♡

charmed1

Post by charmed1 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:28 am

Dear Mama. So so pleased for you. We need a boost on this forum and yours is just so welcome. It just proves that if you push hard enough and believe in yourself what seems impossible might just happen.

This is our last week before the LA have to make a decision (court ordered) whether to continue to search for adopters or change their care plan to long term fostering. Either way it's back to court.

You stated in another post that you agreed to a supervision order alongside the residency order. I'm so pleased you posted this as I was wondering if that was possible. I will be suggesting this to my solicitor. Thank you again and take care.

Mama R

Post by Mama R » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:37 pm

Firstly your welcome I joined here during proceedings desperately looking for hope, so I'm more than happy to provide it to other's. With regards to the courts, I went in requesting my baby 'home on any order' which meant I would agree to anything including LA sharing parental rights until he was 18 under a care order. Turned out that wasn't nesseasery but I would of had it been the only way to bring him home. Good luck to you both ♡

ange301126

Post by ange301126 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:59 am

Dear I lovebingo, This success story from Mama R is good news to give you hope .You haven't posted recently but I hope you are still with us.

To charmed and Mama R: These residence orders , supervision orders etc. should all be examined and considered in a core assessment before the CS even consider taking children away in my opinion especially before tearing a new-born from a mum at birth.

The CS would not even TALK to us let alone cooperate.We instructed our solicitor that we would accept a full-care order or any order even before proceedings started and he told their solicitor so.I have a letter from him to prove it.Despite that,the CS (which refused to talk to us) told court we would not acknowledge concerns and were unlikely to change and work with the L.A.The city solicitor who was given our message by our solicitor cannot have passed our message on and certainly didn't inform the court of it in her application. Still, no-one will appeal for us.

The viability of a supervision order or the possibility was never mentioned as a possibility by our lawyers.Charmed, has yours or your husband's brought it up?

MamaR, its marvellous to hear you got your baby back.Help us by telling us more about the proceedings,tactics etc. Obviously your success was achieved against the wishes of the CS and Guardian.This makes it unusual in itself. Did your lawyer have to oppose them in court? What approach did he or she take?So often solicitors do little for us;how did you get yours to work all out for you or did he do it spontaneously? Or did you have other outside help?
Please tell us as much as you can about the court proceedings.

Mama R

Post by Mama R » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:48 pm

Hi there ange301126 your right to say my outcome was unusual, in fact the judge referred to me as 'ground breaking' lol I'll try to give you as much information as I'm legally allowed to.
Firstly my solicitor. She was actually my then partner now ex's solicitor in the case over my daughter back in 2005/6 at the end of that case she told me I had been 'screwed over' so when I discovered who she was working for at the beginning of the case over my son I went straight to her.
Myself and my now ex also cooperated fully from the beginning. We actually phoned cs to inform them of my pregnancy& our past involment.
We informed them at the first meeting that we would 1 accept anything they wanted if they let our baby home including cameras in every room in the house & 2 would immediately end our relationship if it would make a difference & mean they worked with us. They weren't interested in anything we said & told us separating would go against our chances.
We tried to access courses etc but as everything was on a voluntary basis until 'baby' was born got nowhere. 6 week's before my due date we were given the initial core assessment, which was clear they were not willing to consider working with us (a member of my family was stepping forward to adopt baby) due to my having no criminal record no drug or alcohol history & until removal of my daughter at age 3 no previous cs involvement we realised I had a better chance alone.
I referred myself for a phyc assessment as I'd suffered depression when my daughter was taken, I got myself on the freedom programme as my daughter's father (not my son's father) had been abusive, I forced cs to get me into a parenting course & insisted on a parenting assessment, I basically made sure I had covered all base's. I withdrew my concent to foster placement a week before due date (son born 2 day's later lol) this forced cs to officially begin proceedings, which meant they had 26 week's before a judge made a decision. I continued& completed all the courses (with flying colours) completed a fully positive PA I was half an hour early to my contact everyday never missed a single one (not even for Court) I provided all my own toy's, milk nappies etc at every contact, I insisted on attending every medical appointment ie jabs & looked after medical. I was the biggest pain in cs ass's. I kept a record of every conversation. When 'a neighbour' reported seeing me enter my home at 7 am saying I'd been with my ex I provided bank statements showing I'd been at cash machine at 6:55am & bus ticket to for 7:30am (going to contact) I refused to concider the possibility of losing. When I finally got on the stand to be questioned I had an answer for everything they tried to throw at me. The best advice I can give is don't wait for sombody to do something, do it yourself, & don't whatever you do trust cs! Keep your own records, get evidence of anything you can.

Mama R

Post by Mama R » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:54 pm

Ps I have also made an amazing friend in my son's foster carer she was & still is fantastic we talk at least once a week & meet up min of once a month she was first person on list for my son's b'day & hopefully will always be in his life ♡ good luck

ange301126

Post by ange301126 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:58 am

So the CS case, because it would not discuss the possibility of the baby living with you, relied completely on the past background of the previous case.Am I right Mama R?

Normal procedures weren't followed because the department felt that they already had a cast-iron case due to the previous family history?

That is exactly what happened with us only in our case they used the past background of a different family.They knew nothing of my family's background.
May I ask when they produced the core-assessment , did they discuss it with you first? Or did they just create it from the historical background as they did with us? They refused point-blank to talk with us yet claimed fraudulently( perjurously or whatever you want to call it) that we had been fully involved.