Need some advice please..

blueplain

Re: Need some advice please..

Post by blueplain » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:21 am

No I am on a CAF level now. It is a voluntary level and there are no social workers. We are allowing CAF to continue to help two of our children get statements and get a diagnosis quicker.

Anxious

Post by Anxious » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:00 pm

Really need some advice as I'm terrified right now. Have just put my daughter in bath and I've noticed 3 bruises on her arm just near her elbow. These weren't here this morning befor I sent her to school. I asked her how it happened she said she fell over at school but they never said anything to me. I'm scared to mention it to them tomorrow because last time they reported me to social services. However, if I say nothing and they see it won't this seem worse what the hell do I do I'm scared social services will take her away from me!!!

blueplain

Post by blueplain » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:20 pm

Me and my wife are worried when ever we spot a bruises on our children. I think that we over react but it is difficult when you already have stigma from previous social services intervention. However bruises are not a health issue school needs to be aware of as they are suffaficial and does not effect their ability to function. Our son got a big friction burn from the soft play slide last week, we really panicked about it and it was at our sons elbow. However his teacher was not concerned about it.

Moral of the story is try not to panic and work yourself up over it. I know exactly how you feel but thinking about all types of consequences will just drive you crazy. Your daughter is able to express herself it happened within school. So you will be OK, get a cup of tea and dissdract yourself.

Anxious

Post by Anxious » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:41 pm

Thank you so much for your reply I have askedy daughter several times and she keeps saying she fell over at school so I'm happy with that. I will let the school know tomorrow morning just so it doesn't look as though I'm hiding anything. You have put my mind at ease thank you :)

blueplain

Post by blueplain » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:01 pm

My pleasure, always glad to help

Anxious

Post by Anxious » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:43 pm

Hello, was wondering if someone can tell me anything about child in need plans? Are there different levels to child in need plans for example is one more serious than another? Also how long can they last for?

blueplain

Post by blueplain » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:03 am

Hello again anxious

I have been part of a child in need plan so I am able to inform you.

A child in need plan consists of a social worker and all the professionals involved with your child. Such as health visitors, members of services you have accepted, nursary/school teachers.

At a child in need meeting the findings of the assessment will be read to everyone in the meeting. In turn the issues raised will be discussed amongst the professionals and your social worker. You are able to comment through the meeting to give your opinion and such.

At the end of the meeting targets will be agreed for you to meet. These targets will be sent to you or given to you by your social worker soon after the meeting. To be sure when you will receive your targets ask your social worker about the time frame in the meeting.

You can get an advocate to sit with you in the meetings. Asks citizen advice for advocate services or the FRG themselves.

A few bits of advice, make sure you get your assessment before the child in need meeting. If you have not or do not receive your assessment before the meeting complain to your local authority and inform your social worker that you would like to receive your paperwork within the time frame as to the procedure, the assessment should take around 45 days depending on the region you recide.

Furthermore be polite in the meetings and accept any advice and suggestions. Also accept any services that are recommended. The more polite and cooperative you are the better your case will be. Make sure you receive every meetings targets. Each meeting can vary from one each month to on every three months. Depending on your area and the amount of concerns. There is only one child in need level. Learn about your rights so that you are not confused about any parts of the intervention

Kind regards

Blueplain

Anxious

Post by Anxious » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:08 am

Hello everyone.. Update to my story.

So today sw phoned me to arrange home visit to see the children which is just standard and I don't mind. Also found out who are family support worker will be and I'm really pleased about it because she is lovely and knows us as a family very well. Also found out tha all professionals will be meeting together along with the sw and her manager and we are not invited to this one. I am a bit worried about that because obviously we won't know what is being said about us :( I just hope it will be ok. Also got the follow up paediatric appointment which I hate because they examine my babies from head to toe and it's so horrible for them but haven't got a choice : ( oh well I hope everything turns out ok I just have to be on edge for next couple of weeks incase they fall over and get bruises going to have to keep them stuck to me all the time!

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:40 pm

Dear Anxious

A Child in Need plan is of course voluntary but important for you to engage so that you do not give Children's Services any course to escalate their involvement to child protection.

Sadly the Family Rights Group only get funded to attend Child Protection Conferences in the London area if the social work team within the Local Authority agree to fund it but they do not have to.

Finally ask if you can take an advocate or family support person to the meeting and ensure that you have a copy of the minutes for any previous meetings so that as Blueplain suggests you can tick off all the tasks as you work through these.

I hope this helps.

Best Wishes

Suzie

Anxious

Post by Anxious » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:47 pm

Hello, my children are currently on child in need plans. How long can children be kept on this plan if you have been following exactly what cs have asked you to do? Is there a point when cs can be taken to court if it is going on for too long for no significant reason?