how do the ss expect you to trust them

frustrated mum

Re: how do the ss expect you to trust them

Post by frustrated mum » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:30 am

morning all, Got the report from my core meeting last Monday. starts with apology off the sw for being late! The report sounds positive for me, what I have done to support family etc. Just at the bottom it wants a signature, I don't know if this is because I ve received the report , agree with the report. Been told never to sign anything , do I ask sw or independent advice. I will go back to email and read it again then I can possible explain it better to you all.

Been back for another look it says planning and review group membership/signatures to agreement it was mainly about did I agree with everything in the report. Think I will go through it carefully first.

frustrated mum

Post by frustrated mum » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:08 am

God give me strength another report full of surprises at which bloody point does a social worker come to you and say 'mum, did you know about this?' Last to know as per norm. Rant over. :evil:

Kati

Post by Kati » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:15 am

Up to now, I've never known a sw to actually come right out and say "did you know about this?" or "I thought I'd tell/show/ask you this before it's used" :? The ones I have had dealings with seem to assume that everything they are told (by anyone except the parents etc...) just has to be true.
Hope you get it sorted x

frustrated mum

Post by frustrated mum » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:33 pm

Been to take my daughter to local hospital( where i work) to see her epilepsy consultant who is also the safeguarding person! She is contact ss as so far everything they have done is not by the bk. apparentley there was no reason why i had to tell my employer which was so embrassing as ive only wrked for her for 6 weeks. The fact that so far they are dragging their feet on correcting reports. That how am i expected to work with them if they dont give me a plan. Ive only just now 10wks later found out what the referral was about. That i was told about the child explotation until i was sat in the cp meeting. She says i should write a complaint but im gathering more first as dont think 3 lines will cut it , doesnt matter how big i write. Shes made me feel a tiny bit better as this is a professional involved with us that totally disagrees with what ss are doing . Maybe there is a god.

Kati

Post by Kati » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Fingers crossed for you x

frustrated mum

Post by frustrated mum » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:51 pm

thanks kati, don't know how long this good feeling will last before the next bucket of crap gets dumped on me ;)

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:51 am

Dear Frustrated Mum

I am pleased to hear that, to some extent, you have made some small steps, (for the better), in an attempt to resolve your working relationship with the social worker.

At the very least, it seems you may be feeling a little bit more listened to than before, and there has been some recognition about the more positive aspects of your parenting.

Well done for writing down your thoughts on paper, this can be a very good tool for preparing for future appointments and meetings. By being proactive in this way, and requesting minutes of all the core group meetings you have attended, perhaps you can start to be clear about what changes have already been made, where professionals continue to be concerned, and hopefully more in control of your situation.

I would strongly recommend that you speak to your GP about what medical and non medical options are available to you at this time, because this is a sign that as a parent you are doing everything in your power, (to keep yourself well). In this way, you can demonstrate your wish to fully cooperate with the child protection plan and strategies to keep your daughters' safe, both now and in the future.

If after the child protection process is finished, you are still not satisfied, and wish to make a formal complaint you can do so by reading more about the process here.

Good luck for the next visit, which if I have read correctly should be due this week.

Best Wishes

Suzie

frustrated mum

Post by frustrated mum » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:36 pm

Major up date since I last posted. the good news is that my son has been taken off the child in need plan. It goes down hill from there. My daughters have run away from home twice both times reported to the police and ss aware. Both times ss when asked for advice as they are the 'experts' have just said sign a section 20. The information that the sw gave me on Tuesday is as follows : she does a placement request
girls placed separately
either foster placement if not suitable then residential
we can apply to get them back whenever we want
contact whenever we want
after 1 month there would be a review
placed as a looked after child?
then a statuary review.

I contacted my solicitor who said don't sign a section 20 as its inadequate. That the sw needs to look up the law. That if ss were that concerned they would of applied for a court order by now. we should wait for it to go to court but the solicitor thinks due to the girls behaviour they wont let the girls stay with us anyway.
so sign s20 girls go. Don't sign it go to court and they are removed and the only winner is the solicitor with her pay pack.
A recovery order was also mentioned or a police protection order and a section 44 order. scared. :(