Can you trust Childrens Services

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Can you trust Childrens Services

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:55 pm

Hi Dmtam,

I'm sorry you feel like this. Just wanted to let you know that I have answered this in your other thread rather than repeat posting here.

Suzie

liseyr35

Post by liseyr35 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:16 pm

I would say NO is the answer to this question.

Childrens Services became involved with myself and my son firstly threw no fault on our behalf. They were involved in my partners ex's life when she ran off and left her two teenage daughters home alone. Since then they have been relentless when they decide they are bothered and then you don'y hear from them when it suits. They on a lot of occasions do not phone you when they are supposed to but if you do not phone them they will use that in court and say you have refused to work with them.

They will write their so called agreements which you have never even seen never mind agreed to and if you don't sign it they will once again say you refuse to work with them. Now on the back of one small DV incident which related in no conviction they have taken me and my partner to court and to get a order granted where by me and my son leave the family home or if I refuse my son be taken into foster care.

They agree that our son is from a caring and loving clean home and in danger of no harm by us, the harm comes from witnessing another argument and therefore our home has become unsuitable.

They took us to court, they lied on several different issues, you get no say, they get every say. The court guardian goes against you and then basically they are free to do whatever. They went threw no procedures with us they by passed every rule and went straight to court. We offered to work with them, go on their courses and do their tests and everything else they never give us not one chance to keep our family together.

They got their wish at court, I got 24 hours to pack and leave our home with our little boy. They offered me either a shared house on a bad estate, B&B or a womens refuge 20 miles away. I took the womens refuge for safety, turns out it is riddled with bed bugs and the fact I am 8 months pregnant has made no odds to them.

All I can say is like everybody else keep notes and try and keep your chin up because they grind you into the ground.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:30 pm

Dear liseyr35,

I am sorry that you have had such a distressing time and have to move out of your home. Have you got a solicitor acting for you at the moment? I would always get a solicitor to check any agreement that has been prepared by children’s services before signing it. Our advice sheet on care proceedings gives advice about how to get the best out of solicitors.
care proceedings

As you are in a refuge I assume you will be getting advice about your housing issues and the issue of domestic abuse. If not you could always try Women’s aid here womens aid

When there is concerns about domestic violence, even though in every other way you are a good mother and your partner is a good father, they will concerned that your son (and unborn baby) may be at risk of suffering immediate and long term harm due to domestic abuse.
However, if your partner was to access help to deal with his behaviour then there is a chance of him being a safe dad and you both being re united as a couple. He could speak to someone from Respect who can advise him about courses for fathers respect

Do you feel that you are getting enough help? Please post back.

Best wishes,
Suzie

welshmike01656

Post by welshmike01656 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:25 pm

ive been accused of sexual abuse on my son by social services which ive NOT done social services have been out to do an assesment on my partner and her kids that im with and everything was fine with that assesment, but now the social services that deal with my kids want to do a risk assesment on myself which i know will come back clear cause im no bad guy im just a nice guy whos done nothing wrong theres people out there who have actauly done this and get away with it and now u get me ive done nothing wrong and now ive got this its not nice to be feeling like this cause now also social services in my partners area have told her not to carry on the relationship with me which i find really hard cause i really love the girl but social services making our lives hell can u please give me any advice as if social services can do this? they also said that once the assesment comes back and if it comes clear which i know it will anyway but they said to her still NOT to carry on with the relationship can they realy do that

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:17 pm

Hi Welshmike

My name is Suzie, an advisor from the Family Rights Group.

You say that you have wrongly been accused of sexual abuse, and this is being investigated by Children's Services. It is likely they are doing a section 47 investigation, which may involve them working jointly with the police. This is a standard procedure once they suspect that a child is suffering or likely to suffer significant harm.

It sounds that they may be asking your partner to enter into a (written) agreement so that you move out of the home until they have finished their investigations. Under the circumstances, it is not unusual for this to be requested, until the outcome of the investigations is known.

It is important to cooperate with these, or any assessments, as this could have implications further down the line. You can refer to our advice sheet on child protection.

May I suggest that you (and your partner) consider seeking legal advice as soon as possible, so you are clear about the concerns held by the Local Authority, and what you are being accused of. You can do this by contacting http://www.lawsociety.org.uk.

As I have responded to your post here, I have deleted your other posts relating to the same issue.

Best Wishes

Suzie

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:21 pm

Hi Welshmike

They can recommend that your girlfriend ends the relationship, but ultimately it is her decision. Are they threatening court action, as a last resort, if she does not comply? The Local Authority could then issue care proceedings and apply for an interim care order so they share parental responsbility if they are very worried about the safety of the child (ren).

Due to my response to you here, and I have also private messaged you, I have deleted your other posts in relation to the same issue.

Suzie

PerfectlySafeDad

Post by PerfectlySafeDad » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:06 am

I thought it was well worth bouncing this historic post up, as a warning to everyone:
ange301126 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:26 pm They are adept at twisting the truth. In secret, social work managers are probably awaiting an opportunity to get you back and they are quite willing to wait for years for the right time at which juncture they will bring all their forces against you whether concerns are genuine or not. No you cannot trust Children's Services ,in my view.t

PerfectlySafeDad

Post by PerfectlySafeDad » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:10 am

And this (it says everything about Britain's social - so-called 'Children's Services'):
liseyr35 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:16 pm I would say NO is the answer to this question.
Childrens Services became involved with myself and my son firstly threw no fault on our behalf. They were involved in my partners ex's life when she ran off and left her two teenage daughters home alone. Since then they have been relentless when they decide they are bothered and then you don'y hear from them when it suits. They on a lot of occasions do not phone you when they are supposed to but if you do not phone them they will use that in court and say you have refused to work with them.

They will write their so called agreements which you have never even seen never mind agreed to and if you don't sign it they will once again say you refuse to work with them. Now on the back of one small DV incident which related in no conviction they have taken me and my partner to court and to get a order granted where by me and my son leave the family home or if I refuse my son be taken into foster care.

They agree that our son is from a caring and loving clean home and in danger of no harm by us, the harm comes from witnessing another argument and therefore our home has become unsuitable.

They took us to court, they lied on several different issues, you get no say, they get every say. The court guardian goes against you and then basically they are free to do whatever. They went threw no procedures with us they by passed every rule and went straight to court. We offered to work with them, go on their courses and do their tests and everything else they never give us not one chance to keep our family together.

They got their wish at court, I got 24 hours to pack and leave our home with our little boy. They offered me either a shared house on a bad estate, B&B or a womens refuge 20 miles away. I took the womens refuge for safety, turns out it is riddled with bed bugs and the fact I am 8 months pregnant has made no odds to them.

All I can say is like everybody else keep notes and try and keep your chin up because they grind you into the ground.

PerfectlySafeDad

Post by PerfectlySafeDad » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:15 am

'CS are barbaric and should not be let within a million miles of any child.'
cheekipixi wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:10 pm Hi,
Thank you for your replies. I have had a 10yr fight with CS, caught them out on everything, I have even recorded an interview they had with my son when a CSA stated that my son had said I threw him downstairs. My son on the tape kept saying, 'my mummy would not hurt me', the SW then told him he was lying.
CS are barbaric and should not be let within a million miles of any child.

-x-

Frazor

Post by Frazor » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:59 am

In my case i personally don't believe i trust social services at all after 5 years of nothing but lies on there behalf, me and children have been through hell with them, the emotional trauma they have caused us and still have not put anything they have said right, they still remain a threat to us i will never trust them they have told me lies from the start my children don't them at all and i don't blame them i teach my children not to tell lies when social services have done nothing but tell lies 5 long years of this isn't fair my wondering every single day about what they will do and say next is wrong.