LADO now involved who do I contact?

finaldj0

LADO now involved who do I contact?

Post by finaldj0 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:39 pm

I posted on another thread on general advice about an inpending CPC this coming Monday the 8th

I just wanted to add to this post. I was informed a few days ago by my employer and only because I asked about returning to work. I work for the NHS that my Matron told me LADO are involved and it's a police investigation not so much at me but towards my daughter.

Having seen posts on here about LADO I figured this has come from the Child protection medical and this is where my daughter 10 refused to be seen as she has Autism and really bad Anxiety the Dr came to her own conclusion she was sexually abused for this reason.

However my daughter has confirmed to the Social Worker that she hasn't be touched by me and was very angry with her that they suggested I had done something. The social worker said to my wife that is the evidence we needed.

I'm annoyed now that I have a past alligation I was found not guilty of and now this alligation to my other daugher in this relationship which is unfounded again. The SW hasn't informed me that LADO are involved and nobody has mentioned a police investigation other than me contacting work. However the police haven't been in contact and this Medical was about 3 weeks ago. Infact the Dr mentioned a SARC medical when I asked the SW she said I haven't even had the Dr report yet and nobody has mentioned the medical again.

Who do I contact regarding this? the Social worker in on leave till the 8th the day of the CPC and her manager is in work as she left me her email address and she's not responded to any of my emails. I know you can't contact the LADO direct but like I said nobody has mentioned a police investigation

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: LADO now involved who do I contact?

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:52 pm

Dear finaldj0

Thank you for your further post. I am sorry that we were unable to reply to your query sooner. The child protection conference arranged for the 8th April will now have happened. Hopefully, this will have clarified some matters for you.

In relation to a potential police investigation, a representative from the police will have attended the conference on the 8th – police must attend all initial conferences – so may have provided information about whether there is a current investigation. Prior to this children’s services must notify police whenever there is a possibility that a crime may have been committed. Police will have attended the strategy meeting which initiated the child protection investigation process. At the meeting, decisions are made about how to conduct the investigation including the roles of both police and children’s services. Hopefully, you already know by now what role the police will play e.g. if they are undertaking a criminal investigation or not.

You have been informed by a member of staff at your place of work that the Local Authority Designated Officer(LADO) is involved. However, you have had no information from children’s services about this. The LADO is involved as you work with children and/or vulnerable adults. They advise employers and liaise with agencies. It may be helpful for you to check online for a copy of your local authority’s LADO procedures. Or ask the social worker to provide this and to update you about what is happening with regard to them. However, they should remain involved till the conclusion of the case.

I hope that this helps.

If you have more queries, please post back on this forum. If you would prefer to speak to an adviser please call freephone 0808 8010366, Mon to Fri, 9.30 am to 3.00 pm (except bank holidays).

Best wishes

Suzie