Advice needed

Janderson9

Advice needed

Post by Janderson9 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:52 pm

as an expecting mother who is going into her third trimester dad was involved at first but since things have happened and he now no longer wants to be involved we was referred by my midwife to social care because of his history having other kids and two of which are not in his care due to not being on the birth certificate. I have explained to him what is involved and what they want to do regarding an assessment and whatever else but since that conversation he isn’t responding other than telling me verbally he no longer wants to be involved if I pass this info onto the social care what then happens? I’ve fully accepted I’m going into this on my own and am ok with that just not sure where I now stand

Ignatious

Re: Advice needed

Post by Ignatious » Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:17 pm

Dear Janderson9,

Firstly, Welcome to FRG.
Sorry to hear about your current issues.
Please do not feel pressured into answering my questions.
You said your an expectant mother, Is this your first child? Are you a young mother whom your midwife thinks your vulnerable?
Your midwife referred you both to Social care. She, I would assume, had her professional reasons for doing so. He does not want to be involved moving forwards.
In my personal opinion, and my footnote states I am a parent myself, not a qualified professional, and my opinions are my own, I would assume, Social Services because of their involvement will be required to perform an assessment, which would/could include your ability to parent the child,.. they will probably be duty bound to seek clarification from the father on his future involvement. And it may just be that, they will close the case and move onto their next.
If not, they will have concerns and you will be informed of these.
For now, try not to worry too much. Your in your third (trimester), try to enjoy the cravings, the kicks, everything else that expectant motherhood brings. I wish you (and your child) well. And good luck.

Ignatious
I am a parent. My responses are not from any formal training background but from my own experiences, my own research and my own point of view.

Janderson9

Re: Advice needed

Post by Janderson9 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:46 pm

It is my first child and no I’m 26 and she hasn’t classed me as vulnerable it’s more to do with his past which I do totally understand, they did explain they would do a assessment but I was under the impression that was more so to do with him and not whether I am capable or not if that’s what they want to know I’m more than happy for them to come my home and speak to me but I’m sure he will be more than happy to tell them that himself if needed