Question please

Angel4eva24

Question please

Post by Angel4eva24 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:16 pm

Just a quick question. My husband and I have recieved court papers about his son who is under a Section 20 from his past SGO. In the court papers it says that "the child is on a twin track for adoption".
What does that mean exactly? I am new to this country so I don't understand alot of the legal terms used here.
Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Ignatious

Re: Question please

Post by Ignatious » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:56 pm

Hi Angel4eva24,

Welcome to FRG.
I found this within the groups pages you might find useful, twin track is also sometimes referred to as parallel planning,. and the linked page will do a better job of providing the answers you seek than I could.
https://frg.org.uk/get-help-and-advice/ ... 0planning.
I am a parent. My responses are not from any formal training background but from my own experiences, my own research and my own point of view.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Question please

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:56 pm

Dear Angel4eva24

Welcome back to the parents’ discussion board and thank you for your post. Your husband’s son is currently in foster care under a voluntary arrangement made by his special guardian.

You are wondering what the meaning of twin track for adoption is. Another parent has helpfully posted a link to our A – Z definition of parallel planning (also known as twin-track planning). I am adding the link here again for ease.

This is a process that happens for all Looked After Children . The aim is to prevent plans for children drifting and to keep a number of possible outcomes in mind and progressing e.g. child returning home to their special guardian/parent/family member or connected person, staying in long-term foster care or adoption. Adoption is always a last resort, where nothing else will do, and an order allowing a child to be placed for adoption (placement order) or to be adopted (adoption order) can only be made by a court.

You don’t say how old your husband’s son is. Adoption is usually only considered for babies or young children. It is much less likely to be agreed for an older child.

Your husband, as the child’s father, will be considered as a potential carer for his son, if he willing.

I hope this helps.

If you have any further queries, please post again on this forum. Or if you prefer you can call our freephone advice line on 0808 8010366, Mon to Fri, 9.30 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. (except bank holidays), use our webchat or send an advice enquiry.

Best wishes

Suzie