visiting rights

endofmytether

visiting rights

Post by endofmytether » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:13 pm

Need some advice our eldest lives with his gran due to him wanting to becaUse he gets away with everything now she went to court for residency and also contact order for our 7 and 5 year old got the contact order which we would of never stopped them seeing the boys now they went up to see them and our 7. Year old and 5 year old came home and reported that they was watching shameless (18) how can I get location changed or stopped from goin up there as we do not know what going on (as proved)

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: visiting rights

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:40 pm

Hi endofmytether

My name is Suzie, one of the online advisers from the Family Rights Group.

Sorry to hear that you are going through such a difficult time with regards to the concerns you have about the current contact arrangements between your 7 and 5 year old, and their grandparents.You say that the court made the children subject to a contact order, and that you are concerned about this quality of contact, not being in their best interests.

Can I suggest that in the first instance, you raise your concerns with the grandparents by speaking to them directly. In order to establish under what circumstances, the children were able to view programmes designed for adults, as they have alleged.

You could then rule out whether they were given adult permission to do so, or whether this was a genuine mistake, that the grandparents' were not aware of ie the material was accessed on a separate television, for instance in the rooms they were staying in. Could it be that the grandparents need some support and guidance about ensuring the children are appropriately supervised at all times?

If after speaking to them, you are not fully satisfied with the response, or do not feel that your concerns are being taken seriously, may I suggest you consider trying to resolve the issues you raise through http://www.nationalmediationhelpline.co.uk. Finally, if all else fails you could seek legal advice from http://www.lawsociety.org.uk about restoring the matter back to court.

Your post refers to the fact that the grandparents have a Residence Order for your oldest child. Although you do not mention what age they are, is it fair to assume that you do not have the same level of concerns in relation to them?

I hope this has answered some of your questions.

Best Wishes

Suzie

endofmytether

Post by endofmytether » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:05 pm

Hi i just feel they have no morals at all now it got proved to the sw who turned up unexpected (but could not find any fault at all)
My 7 year old told the sw herself they watched shameless (she said no you did not because my eldest said you did not ) my 7 year old did say to her then he is lying because we sat on his bed watching it the sw did not know were to look she did write something but don't know what (can I ask if that was documented)thanks our eldest is 13 ( definitely know it all age)

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:12 pm

hi endofmytether

You haven't said on this thread what the role of the social worker is in relation to your children.

Is the social worker visiting your children in relation to the child protection plans or are they compiling a section 7 report for the court regarding the grandparents application for residence/ contact?

I would certainly advise that you raise your concerns about the children's grandparents formally with the social worker and ask for her view and advice about the situation. It may be helpful to put this in writing.

Hope this helps.

Suzie
FRG Adviser

endofmytether

Post by endofmytether » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:15 pm

Thanks yes I think they completing section 7 who do I put it in writing to thanks because I do have great concerns about their visits

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:52 pm

Hi again- sorry for the delay in responding.

Put your concerns in writing to the allocated social worker who is, I assume, writing the section 7 report.

endofmytether

Post by endofmytether » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:57 pm

Thankyou there is a courtorder for contact held at grandma house but recently its not I drop them off there but find out they belonging elsewhere is right they have to stay at grandma house for duration of the visit thanks

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:33 am

Hello

Is this grandma's contact? If so it would be unusual for it to be ordered to take place in a specific location. If the court has trusted grandma to have unsupervised contact, it would usually be left up to her as to how/ where this should take place.

If the order does specify that the contact should take place in grandma's house, however, then this should be followed. If she isn't sticking to this, she is in breech of the order.

I would advise that you read the wording of the order carefully. If it is clearly stated that contact should take place in grandma's house and this isn't happening, you should discuss this with her in the first instance- point out what the order says and ask that she sticks to this. If the order continues to be breeched you may then wish to speak to your solicitor/ consider taking the matter back to court.

Hope this helps.

Suzie

endofmytether

Post by endofmytether » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:34 am

Thankyou had core meeting yesterday and all reports were excellent the as could not pick out fault the school /hv report were non faultable which makes us as parents feel really proud that we have turned it all around and the boys schoolwork as come on tremendously thanks again

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:47 am

That's brilliant news- well done!