Coercive relationship

Re: Coercive relationship

Post by 197777 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:44 pm

Iam in the same situation I can only have contact 2 hours Wednesday and 6 hours on a weekend supervised and he is blatantly using Coronavirus as an excuse to stop that my daughter is 6 years old and he is allowing 15 min a morning facetime sometimes he has the sound off so only she can hear me he has shouted and upset her because she didn't want to hang up and also told her to only speak about herself when talking to me she is now not really even speaking to me worried about getting told off he has people in his house but wont let me see her because of Coronavirus

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:50 pm

Dear 197777

Thank you for your post.

From what you say there may be a Child Arrangements Order in place with (in normal circumstances) direct contact agreed for you and your daughter. I am sorry to hear that contact with your child is being curtailed by her father during the outbreak of the coronavirus.

It might be useful for you to keep a note of the changes the father has made to the contact arrangements if you think that they have drastically strayed from the original Order and challenge them at a later date.

The Courts and Judiciary service has published a statement about contact arrangements for those in private law situations, you may find it here. We at FRG have some tips about contact for those with children in the care system, whilst this is not the case for you they may give you some helpful ideas, the document is here.

I hope this information helps.

Best wishes

Suzie

Post by 197777 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:26 pm

Thank you suzie I had already gathered that he has all the rights to stop contact and i completely agree that my daughters health is priority and parents should work together for the child but he has no regard for my daughters feelings or wishes and I just no her dad isn't sticking to all of the rules of self isolation or social distancing and I'm terrified hes actually putting her in danger but my hands are tied