How much time needs to pass?

QuestionMark

How much time needs to pass?

Post by QuestionMark » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:42 am

In the judgement, the judge acknowledged that I have made a lot of positive changes and concludes that I need to “sustain these changes” in order for the local authority to be convinced “risk really has been minimised”. He adds that I can have a child “one day”.

I want to take it back to court one day. I realise that before I do so I’d 1) need to wait for the supervision order to end and 2) complete therapy - but then how much time should I leave between completely therapy and making an application to vary an order, for instance?

Any advice appreciated

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: How much time needs to pass?

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:46 pm

Dear Questionmark,

It is a difficult question for me to answer. I would ask your legal team this question as they will have knowledge about your case and have access to all the reports filed in the court proceedings. I understand it related to your insight into something is that right?

And while there is a supervision order, ask the supervising social worker this question. It is relevant to your future contact with your child.

Is the therapy you mention suggested by any expert or professional involved in the proceedings? Is it related to the fact you suffered domestic violence so about your future risk of being involved in a similar relationship?

I assume that as soon as you have completed any therapy then you would need to be assessed (I assume by the therapist) to check that it has worked or whether you need further therapy. Then you could consider your next legal steps.

Best wishes,
Suzie

QuestionMark

Post by QuestionMark » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:56 pm

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. The judge made specific moment about me needing to “sustain” the changes I’ve made, which I feel will be easy to do as I initially put these changes in place by myself - I just have to keep doing what I’m doing.

Unfortunately my therapist discharged me as I couldn’t make it to a couple of sessions. Even though I told him I couldn’t make it and explained why and said I wanted to rearrange, apparently it’s protocol to just discharge a client so I’m going to have to go back on the waiting list.

QuestionMark

Post by QuestionMark » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:57 pm

Also, no the therapy wasn’t court ordered - I self-referred. Unfortunately my legal team won’t speak to me as my legal aid is gone now