How to be heard

Post Reply
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:13 pm

How to be heard

Post by Pb2000 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:47 pm

My children are on an sgo.
The sgo holder has breached the order numerous times. I have made significant changes in my life ie working and had another children no s.w involvement and proved all the allegation made against were untrue with evidence.
How do I get heard?
Children don't have a social worker should they ?
Any advice would be appreciated

User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 2832
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: How to be heard

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri May 03, 2019 12:45 pm

Dear Pb2000,

Welcome back to the Parent’s Forum,

I can see that your older children are subject to special guardianship orders. You have gone on to have other children who remain living with you. You have to be commended for the significant changes you have made in your life that meant your younger children can live with you.

Your question (in your earlier post) is about a “looked after register”.

I am not sure what the “register” part of this term means.

The term “Looked after” means when a child is in care, on remand or accommodated by children services, for example, with foster carers.

Were your older children accommodated from the special guardian’s home for a while? I suggest asking children services (where your children reside) what this term means.

You ask whether the children should have a social worker because they are subject to a SGO.

Normally, they would not have a social worker.
However, if you, your children or the special guardian wanted an assessment for support (for example when asking for help with contact or therapeutic support) then a social worker would be allocated to do the assessment.

You say the special guardianship orders have been breached. Do you mean that regular contact is not taking place?

If so, the normal route would be going back to court for a contact order. You could speak to a solicitor or look at the child law advice website. You could also ask children services for an assessment for support to help contact take places. (see our advice sheets below.)
To go via court route, a MIAM (mediation) will normally have to happen first-before court. For advice about this, look at the Family Mediation Council website.

For advice about special guardianship orders, look at our advice sheets :
• 19-DIY special guardianship orders (pages 39 onwards)
• 20- special guardianship orders what does it means for parents?

I hope my advice helps but if you have any questions, please post again or call our free and confidential advice line on 0808 801 0366.
Best wishes,

Post Reply