Page 2 of 2

Re: Need advice

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:14 am
by Muminneedofadvice
This is what iv been saying. My social worker had said to me the day before she notified everyone I was returning home they was holding a meeting about the descion.. The descion was made for me to go home so this meens as the local authority said everything was posative with our assments but someone has pulled out in the last minute and put a stop to it for the reason being risk assessments and me protecting my daughter assments need to be complete, this would of been done for them to make a descion for me to return home.

Iv had enough, they are making excuses and needing to think how they can make my partner get a negative. They are wanting him to become homeless and see a physocolist to be deemed a danger around us as they get paid thousands to do this!!! Its sick.

They was ment to emsul our solicitors today with a plan of what they are doing with a time scale and on e again failed to do this... This is my whole world they have in their hands to control, the government need to change laws around this..its totally bang out of order picking on us and playing games.

Re: Need advice

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:31 am
by Miserylovescompany2
They will have to give a reason. In the interim they will be watching and monitoring how you both react. I can not stress enough how important is that you don't. This will play out. I completely get how torturous this entire situation is.

It is natural that your brain will try and make sense of why the goal posts have suddenly changed with no real explanation given. The big decisions come from higher up the chain of command. This entire thing could be them stalling for time. What ever the reason CS will have to justify it to many people involved in the process.

I am currently in a position where I am watching Children's services attempting to cover up significant errors. A report has been written by a lead clinical phycologist about my son. This has all been done behind the scenes. The phycologist initially denied this report existed. This report was read out to me over the phone by a SW. It claims my son has no autistic traits. The phycologist has never met my son. The report also claims my son has a personality disorder. I was getting nowhere with CS complaint process so I initiated a complaint with the NHS. The phycologist has admitted wrong doing and apologised. He still refuses to share the report with me.

I have shared PR with the LA. So I will keep pushing. This phycologist has a governing body. If the reasoning behind this report are not clarified in writing I will go along the line of gross misconduct. I know fine well CS have requested this report and have asked the phycologist to manipulate the content. Someone very high up requested this report be written. I want the name of that person.

I know exactly how you are feeling. You are right the system is so wrong. The government have been doing this behind closed doors for years. It is sick.

Re: Need advice

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:02 pm
by Muminneedofadvice
The only thing I can think of is that my partner pleaded not guilty to a crime he didn't commit (thus was before social was even involved) which was affray so its going to trial in January.. I think they are going to wait to see if he gets convicted of that. But the incident didn't happen when the baby was even born?

Re: Need advice

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:50 pm
by Miserylovescompany2
I am more than sure CS would of already had that information available them. They might be running out of stuff to use. So that could be their hope.

I've been reading up on the code of ethics which all pycologists are supposed to follow. This I found very interesting...

Professional competence

"Psychologists should value the continuing development and maintenance of high standards of competence in their practice and the importance of working within
the recognised limits of their knowledge, skill, training, education, and experience. Psychologists should consider advances in the evidence base, the need to maintain technical and practical skills and knowledge and the limits of their competence. This is stipulated in both the BPS Code of Ethics and Conduct and the HCPC Standards of Proficiency."

How many psychologists acting as expert witnesses have breached the above? If a phycologist is agreed upon by the court. I would make sure questions regarding credentials are asked. I would also be checking they are registered with the HCPC and check if they have any restrictions in place.

I read about a case earlier today of a mother recording her interview with the phycologist. This was actually used to show the report was inaccurate and not a true reflection of what had been said by the mother. It could not be used in court!

Re: Need advice

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:39 pm
by Suzie, FRG Adviser
Dear mumionneedofadvice,

Welcome to the Parents Forum. I am Suzie the online adviser.

I can see that the assessment of your parenting capacity in the mother and baby unit went well and there is a plan for you and your baby to move out of the unit and into the community where the assessment and support will continue.

However, until children services know more about your partner and whether he could pose a risk to your baby, they do not want him to live with you and baby at this point in time.

They want him to have a psychological assessment to see whether there is any support he might need. You say he was diagnosed with a personality disorder. A psychologist is the right professional to advise the court further about what therapy/ support, dad might need and whether this diagnosis could impact negatively on his ability to look after your child.
Often when a parent has this type of diagnosis, they need specialist therapy to help them manage things and cope with the stresses that a baby can bring.
This would be a good reason for children services to delay dad moving in with you and baby. How long is the assessment going to take? At the end of the assessment you will have a better idea about when dad could move back home.

Here is information on our young parent’s website for fathers about risks versus resources.

The other worry is whether you can move back home or whether you will be given different accommodation. You ask whether children services have to provide dad with accommodation, if he moves out of the family home.
You are understandably worried that he could be homeless which would have a negative effect on his mental health.

Children services do have a power under schedule 2 paragraph 5 of the Children Act 1989 to offer other accommodation to dad, if he chose to move out of his home.
As dad has a solicitor, I assume they will be advising him about his options and negotiating with children services.

You also think that dad’s case in the criminal court might be relevant. Yes, I think they will want to know the outcome of this case which is very soon- January.

You ask whether children services can stop dad living with you and your baby for good even though there has not been domestic violence, drink and drug misuse.
From what you say in your posts, the risk from dad may be due to him having the diagnosis of a borderline personality disorder which may affect his ability to cope. He may have to do intensive therapy –often over months-but the psychologist would be able to advise whether this was needed and whether it would affect his parenting ability.

However, I suggest you ask your solicitor who will have access to all the reports that are being filed in the court proceedings. S/he could outline what are the possible risks and how long will the assessments take.

I can see that you are in court very soon.
Here is our advice sheet about care proceedings . It is helpful because it sets out what happens at different court hearings, different orders that could be made, how to work well with your solicitor and the role of the guardian.

I have only touched on some of the points you make. If you need further advice, please call our advice line again.

Best wishes,

Re: Need advice

Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:54 pm
by Muminneedofadvice
Hi me again...

I'm currently living in the community with my baby.

Myself and my partner have contact in the community with our baby 3 times a week for 3 hours.

My partner had his assessment yesterday with a physiatrist.

Aa I've mentioned I was removed from the home under voluntary agreement when I had given birth.

Myself or my partner has never harmed a child or obviously our child

If I return home without social services consent, would my baby be removed from my care with a warrant even though I deem no risk to my baby as I obviously am living alone with her in the community and my partner has never posed any risk to any child... Social are just concerned that he got convicted of abh 20 years ago when he was 17 years old (he's now 35?) he didn't commit abh on a child by the way it was an adult.

I don't understand how social can forcefully keep me away for now 5 months when no risks have been committed on a child all because of a stupid mistake that happened 20 years ago!

Re: Need advice

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:31 pm
by Suzie, FRG Adviser
Dear muminneedofadvice,

Welcome back to the Parent’s Forum.

I am so glad to hear that you and your baby are now living in the community. You must have done very well in your mother and baby parenting assessment.
Dad is now having contact with you and baby 3 times a week. Is this being supervised by the social worker? Or are they happy for you to supervise dad?

Your question is- if you return home without social services consent, would the court removed baby from your care?

This is a question you need to ask your solicitor who will have the assessments and reports that have been filed at court. Do not return home until you have taken the solicitors advice first.

However, because there are care proceedings, your baby could be removed if you returned home against the wishes of social services.

This is because everyone is still waiting to consider the assessment of dad. He will still be seen as possibly dangerous to your baby.
If you returned home now, everyone would question whether you can protect your baby from dad.

It is only a few more months to wait until the court proceedings are completed. So it is better to wait.

The psychiatric assessment of dad will be sent to the court. This will be an important part of the assessment of him. It will outline whether dad has any mental health needs that might need treatment. Some mental health diagnoses can make a parent potentially dangerous or neglectful of children, if they are not treated. Here is some information about the effects a mental health condition the can occasionally have on children.

In case dad does have something that might make him risky to children, it is important to wait until the assessment report has been considered by the court.

My advice is do not return home until your solicitor or the court say it is safe.

I hope this advice helps. If you have any questions, please come back to the forum or call our free and confidential advice line on 0808 801 0366.

Best wishes,