Page 1 of 1


Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:51 pm
by Fedup18
Social have been making my life hell i have jumped through every hoop they have given me and then 2 days ago they inform me they are going for a supervision order. This has confused me completely.
I want to know what happens with these?
Can they put conditions on an order,eg who i see where i live ect ?
Also as a last resort because i do not want to lose my daughter to those vultures, can i sign my PR over to my parents and if i did would that stop them going to court and stop them bothering me and trying to dictate how i live my life?

Thanks in advance for any advice or info

Re: PR

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:30 pm
by Miserylovescompany2

Have CS stated whether the child supervision order is for your child to remain at home?

If there are already concerns I do not think it is as simple as signing PR over to your parents. I am assuming the child would still reside with you so in theory the concerns would remain.

If your own living situation changed - for example if you moved back with your parents. Then your access to family support would be available 24/7. Or, you could ask your parents to look after the child until you have addressed whatever concerns there are. Keeping your PR. I can not stress how important PR is.

Have you tried phoning the FRG number - you would be able to give further details on your case. You could also contact CAB and seek advice from there also.

I am just a parent like yourself struggling to navigate a system that seems to change on a whim. At times it feels like you can't do right for doing wrong :(

Re: PR

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:33 pm
by Fedup18
Their problem is with my partner not me they forced me to leave my house or they would start legal proceedings so i left but they are still doing it. If they could give me proof this would all be different but they cant. What was the point of me leaving for them to still take me to court.
I understand the risk and the concerns that they have but they wont even give my partner the time of day so how is he ment to prove the risk is not there or help towards lowering it.
Im staying with my parents because i refused to go in to a refuge but i cant stay here. They have basically made me homeless and taken my daughter out of school.
If im going to lose my daughter i would rather i give her to my parents now then allow them near her anymore they are completely screwing with her head she so confused and they dont help.
I am not going to allow them to use my daughter to boost their profits and line their pockets no way in hell.

Re: PR

Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:16 am
by Miserylovescompany2
Sorry Fedup18, I read your other posts. CS use many scare tactics to cut corners and make their job quicker. If they have genuine concerns they should be providing these in writing. I could say I have concerns but I would need to back those concerns up with actual evidence.

Like I said phone the FRG number and seek advice. Do you have legal representation? You might qualify for legal aid - it is most definitely worth pursuing if you haven't already done so.

CS would need to prove to a court that you were unable to meet the needs of your child. Had you gone to where they had suggested this would have strengthened their case. Can you stay with your parents. Obviously I do not know all the details of your case and it would be best to get actual advice from someone qualified in child protection. I am more than sure you can request a joint assessment. I am not saying you should do this because firstly you'd need CS to put the actual concerns in writing an then prove they are not factually correct. I would not take that risk without being fully informed yourself. Have you seem the paperwork held on your partner? He could give his consent to you reading this. If there was nothing to hide then he would offer to do this.

Re: PR

Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:46 pm
by Fedup18
He has said that i can read anything and everything they have and they keep saying we will sort it so you can read it, that was months ago ive still seen nothing. I keep asking and getting the brush off.
They dont seem to understand that all i have it what he say and then them saying well is that true ( well i dont know i have nothing to compare his facts too)
How am i ment to make an informed decision when they dont give me what they have. It doesnt help that they have put no contact in place so when i have questions i cant ask him and they wont answer them.
I've had just about enough of them!!!!!!!!

Re: PR

Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:10 pm
by Miserylovescompany2
Maybe if he put his consent in writing for the sharing of this information. Another route would be him making a formal request to receive this information - this is time consuming. Plus if some information is with the police he would need to request this directly from them.

Did you put your own request in writing? Because it is so easy for verbal communication to not be entered onto CS system. Especially if questions are asked outside of meetings.

Just like you state - how are you expected to make an informed decision without first having the necessary information to base this upon. CS have a habit of claiming risk to be high and then not back this up. If they are claiming a risk is high then they should have the ability to demonstrate this. At present you are being ruled by fear not fact. Request a meeting with the manager so you and your partner have the opportunity to discuss your grievance. If they are not willing to do so maybe you might consider the formal complaint route?

Re: PR

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:01 pm
by Suzie, FRG Adviser
Dear Fedup18

I am sorry to hear you are still going through a stressful and difficult time and are feeling uninformed.

From what you say, I think that children’s services may have had a Public Law Outline (PLO) meeting to which you should have been invited and to which you would have been able to bring a solicitor with you too. If that is the case, then the level of concerns should have been made clear to you along with the local authority’s intentions. If not your solicitor should be able to make sense of the situation and what your options are.

If there has not yet been a PLO meeting then I can only guess that one is being planned as you say you have been told that the local authority intends to apply for a supervision order. You will be able to get legal aid if they are taking your daughter’s case to court. Just to be clear, a supervision order does not mean that your daughter would be removed from your care and it would not give children’s services parental responsibility (PR) for your daughter – you would still have this. It would mean that they would remain involved with you and your daughter for a year usually, to “supervise” how you care for her.

Have you been offered a Family Group Conference (FGC) yet? If not that could be a good option – this would also allow you to explore in a family meeting whether you wanted your parents to help you look after your daughter or if you wanted to place her in their care and if so under what arrangement or court order. Have a look at our materials on FGCs and if you think it would help and it has not already been offered, ask your social worker to set this up or discuss with your solicitor.

Miserylovescompany2 has responded with some ideas about how to clarify information and how to get answers from children’s services. You might find these tips on tips on working with a social worker helpful too.

You are clearly finding the situation frustrating and have a lot of unanswered questions. Keep working with the child protection plan that is in place though and stay involved.

Please do not hesitate to post again or ring to speak to an adviser on the Freephone advice helpline 0808 8010366 Mon- Fri 9.30 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. If you are getting back in touch please let you know about the PLO process etc. so that we can understand what stage you are at.

With best wishes