Page 1 of 1

Need help

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:46 am
by Arbunny2001
Hi all. Am in Scotland. In the summer holidays my kids dad pick the kids up. There was a male standing at my gate chatting to me. He then spoke to my ex for 30 minutes. After he left with the kids he asked my how it was. My daughter said oh he comes to the house. There where three males coming to my house taking my meds and one wouldn’t leave sometimes. My kids never saw anything and only a few times one male came to the house when kids where there. I say kids are here please go and he did acts few minutes. The kids where never on there own with these men.

Social work called me and said we sort things. Call the police when the come keep doors locked. Get moved. Which I have done. Since social work found out they been at my door twice and I called the police they put reporters in to social work. They had a meeting and said it’s best the kids stay with there dad until I move. I said ok. I could see the kids as they said it was not me or my ex it was where I stayed. They also said my daughter said these men where in her room with her. Which never happened I told social work this. They didn’t want to work with to prove that they where not coming back to my house and my kids where safe.

My ex didn’t want me seeing the kids without a social worker being there. And they said it’s not happening. I took my kids out off school as I have every right to. Police and duty social work came out to check on kids. Where happy that they where fine and safe. I had them over a week

Went to a interagency meeting and they spoke down to me and wouldn’t let me get anything in. They changed what my daughter said a few times. They trying to use my past and mental health. I got a bit off depression. Also saying am taking kids to the dr to much. Which a few years ago they told me to so I can prove that kids are ill if not going to there dads or school.

They told me I was not to pick my kids up from school as they told the police and schools that they advise kids should stay with there dad.

I put a complaint in about them. I got a letter back. Once again trying to use things that happened three years ago and also told lies in that.

I now see the kids with a social worker there. They said it’s to protect myself. They come out with am filling my daughter head with crap. Not true.

They sat with my mum and myself said one thing done another. I got a lawyer but he said I can’t record meetings with social work. How can I prove they are lying? I told him they lied I was told to let it go!

My daughter dose not want to be at her dads. She made it clear time and time again but there not instead in what she saying. Or what her dad tells her and my son.

I moved well away from where I was. Never going to be back near that area again.

How and what else can I do. There a children’s panel order saying social work to sort contact to there satisfaction that’s it. There trying to get it back to panel fast so they get kids took away from me. Even the head teacher at my daughter lied about what went on at school as I spoken to people and they no clue what am on about. Even the parents of the kid they said about. Because I put a complaint in about her she out to get me too!

I never heard back about my formal complaints I made. Just one that I put in weeks ago.

What rights do I have?

Re: Need help

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:39 pm
by Miserylovescompany2

It sounds like you are having a really tough time. Do you have anyone that can give you support? Might I suggest you ask about having an advocate - they would be able to offer you moral support at meetings and also help you get your voice heard.

It might also be beneficial for your child to have an independent advocate. You could send the SW an email requesting this and also bring it up at your next meeting.

With regard to your formal complaint there is more than one stage - if you are not happy with the response you have been given you must inform the complaints officer and state (along with your reasons) that you wish for your complaint to be taken to the second level. Have you asked if your solicitor can assist you with this? Because sometimes you have to chase up the complaint.

I am not familiar with the system used in Scotland and this is not within the FRG remit. I, myself am just a parent like you.

With regard to recording - it is not against the law here in the UK. You are permitted to record for your own personal use. You could google this for Scotland.
Suzie (FRG adviser) will be able to give you the contact numbers in your location to get you started.

Re: Need help

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:23 pm
by Arbunny2001
Thank you. I will look into it. I just feel they don’t care what I say and my kids. Because I told them my rights and they hate am right. When am on my own with them they say one thing but I have someone with me they say another. It’s so hard as I know I told the truth and there lying

Re: Need help

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:32 pm
by Miserylovescompany2
I actually asked my solicitor if I could record conversations in an upfront way - I didn't even get my whole sentence out and he entered into a rant about why I couldn't. I then googled it - no they don't like it but it is not illegal. I would be upfront and say that you intend to record the conversation/meeting for your own personal notes. SW are supposed to be transparent and explain everything they are doing - I certainly haven't had this experience.

What I also found useful was reading up on the LA's framework from the viewpoint of a professional - that way you will know when they are not following the correct process.

They also play one parent off against another - so both parties disclose more information.

Re: Need help

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:36 pm
by Suzie, FRG Adviser
Dear Arbunny2001

Thank you for posting on the parents’ discussion board.

Unfortunately, I am not able to assist you with your post as you are in Scotland and our service covers the law in England and Wales.

I suggest that you contact Scottish Child Law Centre on 0131 667 6333 and/or Clan Child Law 0808 129 0522 who will be able to advise you on your rights in Scotland.

I am sorry that we cannot assist you as it is outside our remit.

Best wishes