Social services

Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:08 pm

Social services

Postby Kami2018 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:18 pm

Ok first of all please don't judge
Just recently while me and my children were out my partner got in to a argument with neighbours on the street he was out for over 24 hours drinking as I don't let him drink at home well this argument soon turned violent and he's now on a affray charge and possession of a bladed article in public btw there was no hitting it was all threats , think I'm still in shock well these residents have reported this to social services and now I'm being investigated and I don't no why me or my children were not present and father is not wtf my house living at present due to his bail conditions may I add is nothing to do with children it's to stop him 're offending and interfering with witnesses my question is can social services stop him seeing his children because it's a violent crime may I had hesnhad a clean criminal records for 7bp years

User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 2088
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: Social services

Postby Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:17 pm

Dear Kami2018,

Welcome to the Parents Forum.
I am sorry to hear about the violent incident and that children services are now involved with your family. They are carrying out an assessment to find out whether your partner could pose a risk to his children and if so, whether you can protect your children and whether you need help or support. Here is information about assessments.

As part of the assessment the social worker should ask for your consent to speak to the school, nursery, health service and police about your family. Although the assessment can feel very intrusive it is better to ask the social worker questions about the assessment if there is something you are not sure about.
At the end of the assessment you should get a written copy. There will be a conclusion setting out whether or not support may be offered to you (child in need or early help-with your consent). If at any point children services suspected your children were at risk of harm, then the assessment would become a child protection investigation and a child protection conference may be called.
Here are FAQs about child protection.

The bail conditions are protective but you will also be asked by the social worker to call the police or children services if your partner was to come to the family home. So they will want to test your ability to protect and work with professionals.

Children services are likely to be strict because until they know your partners risk –if any-they have to assume the worst about him.
It sounds like you are aware of how he reacts when he drinks and that he would benefit from an assessment of his drinking and support to help him manage it.
There should also be an assessment of his violent behaviour and the fact that he carries a blade. The result of this assessment will most likely be shared with children services. There should be s
If you think there has been domestic violence in your relationship (you do not say this) then you should also consider getting in touch with a domestic violence organisation who can advise you about support for you and your children such as an advocate and the freedom programme.

I hope this advice helps. If you need further advice please post again or call our advice line on 0808 801 0366.

Best wishes,

Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:08 pm

Re: Social services

Postby Kami2018 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:45 pm

Thank u Suzie for us reply no there's been no domestic violence in are relationship and this incident is very shocking social services have did there assessment with me to safe guard and they told me I'm very capable of looking after my children there concern is obviously my partners violent behaviour in this incident but they says that he has to abide to go to a drink programme and bereavement course because he lost his father's in 2014 very suddenly and they think he needs to deal with this and also to seek anger management which i totally understand and obviously my children's safety is absolutely paramount to me and they will always come first social worker says before my partner can consider coming home they have to do this risk assessment and she would also like us to move because she believes strongly that the people around us are no good for us and that associates can often play a massive part in people's behaviour

Return to “Have you been asked to agree to your child coming into care under a voluntary arrangement?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest