Parents accusing my minor of abusing their minor

Shyfly1979

Parents accusing my minor of abusing their minor

Post by Shyfly1979 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:31 pm

My child who is 3 was abused sexually our friends were aware if this. They have since used what they know as a weapon and accused our child of abusing theirs who is also 3. Social services investigated and closed case straight away, even said to me the allegation is from the parents not the child. This alleged incident happened at nursery who have also disputed the allegation as children are always supervised in the toilets where they claim it happened etc. The parents are annoyed at not being believed so have taken it upon themselves to tell everyone and anyone they can about what our child did to theirs (allegedly) our child has been through an awful time and we are trying to help them through the healing process we do not need this added stress from supposed 'friend's. You may be asking why would they make it up? They are prolific hypochondriacs- always at doctors and on Google symptom checkers and all tests etc always come back clear. I think they are massive attention seekers and think this Is a great way to get sympathy hence them telling everybody. Myself being a Mum who has been through it knows it's not something you want anyone to know only professionals who can help your child. The police dont seem interested but I keep saying to them if I decided to call a little innocent old man down the road a pedo for example you would be knocking at my door and I'd be in a lot of trouble so why can't my child be protected? I just don't know where to go or what to do. Cant find anything similar to my situation online. I want to protect my child from this. This could be life changing and damaging she starts school next year and they have told half the town. I feel like moving away but why should I when we have done nothing wrong. Social services and the nursery are supporting us and believe us but that's all they can do. Please someone tell me how I can help protect my child who has no voice and is a victim not the other way round. Thank you in advance for any help. 

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Parents accusing my minor of abusing their minor

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:21 pm

Dear Shyfly,

I am sorry to hear about your daughter suffering sexual abuse and what your family are going through now.
You were right to talk to children services, the police and the school about what is being said about your daughter. They may well have spoken to the family but for confidentiality purposes are not allowed to pass this on to you.
However, in writing, ask all of the professionals what they suggest you can do, or whether or not, they can help in anyway. Ask them to put their response to you in writing.
Hopefully, the rumours will have stopped. If the problem continues, can the professionals offer some form of mediation to take place between you and the people who are spreading the allegations?

You could also discuss your situation with the Lucy Faithfull Foundation , who offer advice where there are concerns about child sexual abuse.

You could consider seeking legal advice about seeking a civil injunction.

Sorry I am not able to advise you further as this law is not within our remit.

Best wishes,

Suzie