Have you been asked to agree to your child coming into care under a voluntary arrangement?

mancmum

Re: Have you been asked to agree to your child coming into care under a voluntary arrangement?

Post by mancmum » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:58 am

I contacted social services for help with my 12-year-old who was refusing school. I've worked with stronger families, edge of care, social services and as his behaviour was now aggressive and violent towards me I agreed to him moving in with his dad short term. That lasted 4 days and he accused his dad of assaulting him (it probably did happen). I agreed to S20 care whilst we worked out the problems at home. Fast forward 9 months and I am fighting to get my son back. I have been accused of being the cause of his problems, not working with social services, etc, etc. I think the problem is I want help, action and when they say they will do something I expect them to do it. PLO was started in October but no agreement to change anything has been made. The only thing I have been asked is to have a psychological assessment (previous issues with domestic violence, a child with cancer, the death of parents) which I have done. The report is very in-depth and I have no problems with it and it suggests counselling for me and a parenting teenagers course both of which I am happy to do. I have today found out that social services have disclosed my psychological report (which talks about the domestic violence and my continuing fear of him) to my ex-husband. I don't know what to do, what can I do, how do I get past this? I am so concerned, not just for me but for my children. My ex is a narcissist and I was so scared to disclose this information to social services for fear of reprisals and this has been discussed on numerous occasions about how confidential it is. My children have a love/fear relationship with their dad and although i do feel they would be better off without him in their life, this will have to be a decision they make. Don't get me wrong, when it suits he can be a great dad, and both of the kids love him and his once a week four-hour fun dad contact, he's just a **** husband/ ex-husband. Any advice, please.