Fact finding please please help

SR19

Fact finding please please help

Post by SR19 » Fri May 20, 2016 7:42 pm

Fact finding hearing

Hello can I have some advice

In June we will be going for a fact finding hearing- based on the fact one morning my son went to nursery one morning .. And an hour later he had a rash type thing but I wasn't sure how it had happened .. So took him to the doctors and she rang the social! (Read my previous post if you want to know the whole story).. My son always said "crabs and cars"

Anyway for months I was begging for the CCTV from the nursery because I know
Me or my partner had not caused this mark.

Nursery have changed there statement around 3 times .. One minute they seen it straight away and then they didn't because he had his hat on but when he took it off they seen it
This was also not true because they didn't see it for well over an hour and he took his hat off 10 mins in...

We have the CCTV 10 mins are missing
I looked into enhancing the CCTV to see when the mark arrived ..
We got this done but there wasn't enough pixels but in this mans mind the mark wasn't there and he's a professional ...
On one of the photos you can see my son tugging at a toy ..(we showed him the CCTV a few weeks ago and he called a little boy crabs)... So his explanation makes sense!!!!
But no one looked into it

Is there anything I can do?
court is in 3 weeks ..
My solicitor is being so so useless and ignoring me ...
My mums friend suggested going to the press? To make someone look into it! It just scares me the fact finding only needs 51% probability .. Which is crazy! I need someone to listen to me!
I just want my son home he hasn't been home since December he misses his home it's unfair (he's with his dad)

Thankyou for reading
X

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Fact finding please please help

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon May 23, 2016 1:11 pm

Hello Sophiarachel19

Thank you for your update.

This is obviously a very distressing time as you try to prepare for the fact finding hearing in a few weeks.

Unfortunately, it is difficult for me to advise in much detail- your solicitor is the best person to advise as they are aware of the full facts of your case and it is their job to ensure your case is being presented as strongly as possible in your best interests. I appreciate, however, that you are feeling frustrated with your solicitor’s approach.

I would advise that you try to improve the communication between you and your solicitor as best you can to ensure that you are understanding each other fully. Keep a detailed note of any important issues and/ or questions you want to discuss including, perhaps,
• How your case is currently going
• The possible outcomes of the fact finding hearing and what is most likely to happen
• What issues your solicitor advises you to focus on in your case and why
• Whether there is anything further you can be doing to improve your case at this time.

You might wish to email your notes/ questions to the solicitor in advance of your next meeting to emphasize what you want to discuss. If you are going to be represented by a barrister at the hearing, you might also ask for clarity about when you will meet with them and how you can ensure they understand your views and wishes fully.

In addition, it is important to be honest with your solicitor if you do not understand what s/he is saying or if you feel that you are not being listened to. This is your case and it is important that you feel confident in the way it is being presented. It may be that the solicitor is preparing your case strongly but is not communicating this effectively to you, in which case a frank discussion about how the case is going may help to break down any miscommunications.

I hope this is helpful. Please do update us how things go.

Best Wishes

Suzie
FRG Adviser

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Fact finding please please help

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon May 23, 2016 1:38 pm

Just to add, in relation to going to the press, I would strongly advise against this. Family court proceedings are closed (confidential) in order to protect the privacy of children. Any attempt to publicise your situation in this way is likely to be viewed very negatively. It is highly likely that you will be seen as not acting in your son's best interests and this could have a very damaging effect on your case rather than helping it at this crucial stage.

Suzie