final care hearing

markini5

final care hearing

Post by markini5 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:04 pm

Hi, our children were taken into care following disclosures of non accidental injuries to our children.

1, small scuff to back of leg, I accidently caused this when my child fought against me while I tried to remove his underwear to get him ready for school. medical said it was more likely non accidental than accidental , medical expert never asked my opinion.
2, my partner accidentally scratched the side of my childs neck with a chipped nail as she tried to stop him from hitting his sister , but for some reason our daughter claimed mummy grabbed child by neck and leg and dragged him up stairs and thats how it was caused. untrue.
police were involved and couldn't prove anything. medical didnt actually say anything on this .
local authority made us all have psychological assessment which claims we are down playing the concerns of the local authority and that both parents have pre occupied attatchment styles,

local authority have written in final report that I was sexually abused as a child which I never disclosed this

long story short local authority are pushing for long term care orders .

their are lots of claims by the local authority one being we are insular family, when my partner has engaged with the children in many different community centre project with people of mixed backgrounds from the local area take the children to events, family walks, days out ect . and we are getting witness statements to prove we are not insular .

where do you think we stand?

thanks

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: final care hearing

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:21 pm

Dear Markini5

Thank you for your post.

From what you say it seems that the professional view of the injuries to your children were that they were non accidental and your daughter’s account of what she witnessed or experienced concurred with the professional’s view but was not ‘proven’ by medical evidence.

In the situation you describe it will be difficult for you to prove that the injuries were accidental nevertheless you can challenge the findings. Your solicitor will be able to advise you the best course of action. You say that the final report says that you were abused, this is something that the local authority should be asked to show as a fact and you should ask to see where they have gathered this information and how they have come to their conclusion.

It is very difficult to answer the question of ‘where you stand’ based on the information you have provided. I think that question is better asked to your solicitor and your partner’s solicitor. Parents Accused is a site that may give you some tips.

In relation to your mental health diagnosis, perhaps you could ask what help and support you might be offered to address this concern. Mind the charity may help. On the matter of an insular lifestyle, gathering statements is a good idea, consult with your solicitor(s) too as they are best placed to say how these statements might be used. Our advice sheet Care (and related) proceedings may be helpful.

Best wishes

Suzie