26 weeks care proceedings timescale

Suzie, FRG Adviser

26 weeks care proceedings timescale

Postby Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:54 am

Do you think 26 weeks is enough time for the court to make a final decision about your child's future?

charmed1

Re: 26 weeks care proceedings timescale

Postby charmed1 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:36 am

No way is it long enough for many cases. especially involving more than one child, a child with disability or a care plan for adoption. Our case will conclude at 36 weeks but even now it appears that's there's so many holes in the evidence even after expert reports that it might have to be adjourned. If they won't adjourn it we be appealing as our right to family life and fair trial are being breached.

justiceisaright

Postby justiceisaright » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:51 am

Absolutely Not!

Children deserve the right to have their voices heard and for Local Authorities to work with families and not against them. This 26 timeframe prevents the courts from putting a family plan in place to make life happier and safer for children at home. It also prevents parents adequate time to seek mental health, financial recovery, and better support structures around them. I was shocked and dismayed that the 26 weeks starts from when the children are taken into care and how slow investigations are handled by the court and professionals.

Ilovemygrandkids

Postby Ilovemygrandkids » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:22 pm

well in our case if you ask me its far too long :(

JOHNT

Postby JOHNT » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:31 am

my son was taken into care in December 2016,mainly for behaviour disorder,however he has global delay ( late development),however during his foster care he has apparently made allogatiions of abuse against me and my partner,all of which are totally unfounded, 'I might add, we havent had contact for 7 weeks and children services will not respond to either of us or our legal team,the last LAC we were barred from attending,the whole case is a complete fabrication on child services part,we were handed a document that actual gives a change of focus from foster care to permanent adoption and absolutley no proffessional interaction with parents before this is achieved,there is no court order for this. child services are actively working against us ,so there is no way this 26 week debarcle can reach a conclusion in that time.
when he was taken my parents were assessed for foster care and failed ,the report they got reflected what they said while being assessed,the report everyone else got was the most damning condemnation of me and my wife I have read,and we have evidence to suggest that child services hacked one of our email accounts ,side lining my parents emails to me and replacing them with horrific emails saying" your a bully don,t ever come to our house again",needless to say our family is above all that so we went ,after 4 months to see my parents and we concluded that what I have just recalled really did happen We are going to loose our little boy whom we love most dearly to a system that is under handed and corrupt and thinks it is above the law the trouble is family courts seem to think they are too.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Postby Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:37 am

JOHNT wrote:my son was taken into care in December 2016,mainly for behaviour disorder,however he has global delay ( late development),however during his foster care he has apparently made allogatiions of abuse against me and my partner,all of which are totally unfounded, 'I might add, we havent had contact for 7 weeks and children services will not respond to either of us or our legal team,the last LAC we were barred from attending,the whole case is a complete fabrication on child services part,we were handed a document that actual gives a change of focus from foster care to permanent adoption and absolutley no proffessional interaction with parents before this is achieved,there is no court order for this. child services are actively working against us ,so there is no way this 26 week debarcle can reach a conclusion in that time.
when he was taken my parents were assessed for foster care and failed ,the report they got reflected what they said while being assessed,the report everyone else got was the most damning condemnation of me and my wife I have read,and we have evidence to suggest that child services hacked one of our email accounts ,side lining my parents emails to me and replacing them with horrific emails saying" your a bully don,t ever come to our house again",needless to say our family is above all that so we went ,after 4 months to see my parents and we concluded that what I have just recalled really did happen We are going to loose our little boy whom we love most dearly to a system that is under handed and corrupt and thinks it is above the law the trouble is family courts seem to think they are too.

Hi

Welcome to the Parents Board and thank you for posting.

I am sorry to hear that your son has been removed from your care and since being in care he has made allegations of abuse about you and your wife. From what you say, it seems that you are in care proceedings and that you have been barred from the looked after child review meetings. It may be helpful for you to ask the social worker or the independent reviewing officer the reasons for barring you. You have said that you have a copy of the care plan for your child – Children’s Services are obliged to give this to you, and as you say it includes all of the permanence options for your son; this too must be in the care plan. It is unfortunate that your parents were assessed to care for your son but were unsuccessful. We have some FAQs about family and friends assessments and what can be done if you are not approved.

If you are concerned that Children’s Services have shared information about you the Information Commissioner may be able to help you, or you could ask the local authority what information is being held about you through a subject access request.

If you would like to discuss your situation in more detail with us please call our advice line which is open Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 3.00pm on 0808 801 0366 or please post further questions.

I hope you find this information useful.

Best wishes

Suzie

Return to “26 week care proceedings timescale”