Old domestic violence

Loz0911

Old domestic violence

Post by Loz0911 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:08 pm

Hi I have two children 8 & 4.. Youngest child with my partner who ss involved with. Been together 7years he suffered pts after leaving army and became very depressed. There have been two incidents of domestic between me and him mainly shouting shoving etc children in bed but I called police who then involved ss. Both times after police incidents we have split ss done assessments and case closed. Parenting outstanding etc. After partner seeking help and medication we decided to give things another try and have recently found out I am expecting. A referall has been made to ss informing them of this and now once again they want to do an assessment although nothing has happened except me and partner trying to sort out relationship out. Never harmed the children or been any threat to them. Kids idolise him as he does them. Just seems ridiculous but I am
Obviously very worried ?

ange301126

Re: Old domestic violence

Post by ange301126 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:41 pm

Dear Loz 0911,
Don't worry quite so much,Cooperate with them again and because there have been no further incidents of violence,they should close the case again.

This time , when they close the case, ask them to fully inform your GP and to let him know that, in the event you present to him as an expectant mother in the future, he does not have to make a referral.

That is my advice,the FRG professional will advise later on.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Old domestic violence

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:19 am

Dear Loz0911

Welcome to the parents' discussion board and congratulations on your pregnancy.

I am sorry that you have found the current Children's Services involvement so distressing, but it is positive that you have been fully cooperative with this process and acknowledged the domestic abuse that may have taken place between you and the baby's father. Does he also recognise the need to seek any counselling support either from his GP or via army welfare services if they are willing to put anything in place?

As stated by Ange, it is important that you continue to engage with any assessments that are being undertaken of your unborn child. This will demonstrate your ability to prioritise your family support needs at what could be an increasingly stressful time. By taking these steps should increase the chance of positive assessments from other agencies and you are more likely to result in a favourable outcome for you and your child.

However, it is unrealistic to dictate whether your GP makes an inter-agency referral should they have concerns about your future parenting capacity, but in most instances, if they feel the need to take such action, should discuss the reasons for referring you to other agencies in advance.

I hope this helps.

Best Wishes

Suzie