Consequences of being falsely accussed

DupedDad

Re: Consequences of being falsely accussed

Post by DupedDad » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:40 pm

Thank you for your prompt reply. It does reinforce concerns I have over the response of both the school and CS to my sons disclosures. From the case notes and statements that were filed and served for the family court, I now know that:
[*]My son disclosed to school that he had been assaulted and neglected by his mum.
[*]School's immediate and only response was to call his grandparents and arrange for him to stay with them.
[*]School did not inform CS nor the police about his disclosures.
[*]A visiting professional at the school informed CS.
[*]School apologised to CS for not informing them of my son's disclosures.

CS subsequently applied to the family court for a care order.
The Outcome of the S47 Enquiry into my son's disclosure from two years previously (that I had pushed his mum) was filed and served by CS but no Outcome of S47 Enquiries was filed or served by CS in response to my son's allegations against his mum.
My solicitor asked CS for a copy of the missing Outcome of S47 Enquiries but received no reply.
After the final court hearing I continued to ask for a copy.
Head of CS wanted to know why I was asking, the case had concluded, a care plan was in place.
I was advised to inform CS that I would involve the ICO if the outcome was withheld from me.
Head of CS immediately responded that I had always had every right to see the outcome and I would be sent a copy (suitably redacted).

What I was actually sent was a strategy discussion document that minuted a conversation between CS and the police a whole month after my son's disclosures.
The minutes of this strategy discussion show that CS told the police:
[*]My son had been hit in a different place to that given in all the case notes and statements (possibly as this made it easier to susbstantiate the claim that no marks or bruises had been seen).
[*]A diluted version of my sons account and allegations.
[*]That school had called his grandparents and had been informed that he was already staying with them.
[*]That his mum had safeguarded him, despite her drinking, by placing him in her parents care.

The police decided they would have no further involvement as there was no evidence and under outcomes the agreed upon action was to initiate a C&F Assessment. The option to initiate a S47 Enquiry was not selected.

I have raised several concerns with CS about this document, not least that CS {deliberately?} misled the police over the events that occurred after my sons disclosure. It does appear that double standards were in play and both school and CS tried to protect and shield mum from the consequences of her actions rather than correctly and fully safeguard our son.

It might be hard to answer but in these circumstances, do you believe it was reasonable and appropriate for CS to undertake a C&F Assessment rather than a S47 Enquiry?

If any information is too detailed given the involvement of the family court please edit this post.

Roadcharacter

Post by Roadcharacter » Wed May 31, 2023 7:28 pm

My daughter accused my husband of punching her he is on bail extended for another month. She hasn’t given a statement however was on bodycam when she said it. She has told them she lied but because I’m on bodycam too with her asking about it and talking to her about it they have said they believe it’s true . She had no marks or bruises and ambulance was called but no redness or any marks . My husband had a witness his friend who was with them at the time but they haven’t asked for a witness statement. Because of this a section 47 has been carried out we are 2 weeks from 45 days and the social worker doesn’t answer my calls or messages the last message I got from her was enjoy your half term with the girls catch up when your back .

Roadcharacter

Post by Roadcharacter » Wed May 31, 2023 8:03 pm

April 7th I found messages on my husbands phone from talking to two women . I didn’t want to ruin Easter so said we would talk about it later he decided to go out with his friends than prioritise his family I rang and rang no answer so messaged him to get his stuff he came back hours later I was furious and hid his trainers so he couldn’t leave. He went mad and started ripping the cupboard out I ran out to his friend in the car and told him to remove him or I’m calling the police he didn’t so I called the police . He then got out the car and walked into the house our 2 year old was upstairs asleep and my 7year was in the garden playing with her friend , my eldest his step daughter 13 came down stairs I didn’t know she was down stairs but must had heard him smashing the cupboard up , as I’m on the phone to the police I heard her crying going he’s punched me the 999 lady asked me what she said so I repeated it she was then going my eye I’m going to have a black eye , so again I repeated it to the 999 call I told her to go upstairs and then my husband shouted up the stairs I never hit you I wish I bloody did and chucked a shoe up the straps (hit the wall). He left and the police turned up. As they was here my daughter came down stairs and her nose was bleeding (she suffers with nose bleeds prescribed cream for it) so I went upstairs got her meds ashma pumps etc and an ambulance was called to check her over . The ambulance didn’t see any marks , bruises , nothing . But while she was being checked over the police officer was talking to me (I’m still In shock) . I have been with my husband since she was 3 and we have never had any arguments, rows nothing in front or away from the kids . The police officer was asking me what happened I told her , I said my daughter said he punched her, and caused a black eye (but it wasn’t) and she asked me loads of other questions anyways . Husband been on bail now no direct or indirect contact since then , section 47 was carried out (2 weeks left until 45 days) however he breached his bail it was our daughters 13th birthday we was going to X she was crying as I was cancelling it etc but we went and they found out , haven’t heard anything since this was 2 weeks after the bail was out In place and thre incident . My daughter has said and told them she didn’t want to make a statement and it didn’t happen she was annoyed because he said to her that’s two father figures you haven’t got now and she shouted at him and wouldn’t let his past so he pushed her out the way to get past so she said he punched her out of anger . We’ve told them police and social workers this she even went and had a private interview but they still carrying on investigation and think she’s lying to protect me . I said do you really think I would let someone punch my daughter and forgive them. He has parental r to his two children with me but hasn’t been abale to see them for nearly 10 weeks now . School called recently and said our 7 year is being really emotional lately and acting out do I have any updates on bail et . I passed this on to the police in charge and she said she would note it down again haven’t been able to get in touch with the social worker . We have only met the Sw once when she came out a few days after incident . However the pc officer called me and said in the body cam
They have asked me if I witnessed the incident and I said yes . I said indont remember talking to the officer I was on a state of shock, I don’t remember it all happened so far and if I did I’m sorry but I didn’t and if you want me to give a statement to say I didn’t I will. The only person who witnessed anything was my husbands friend but they haven’t spoken to him or even asked for his witness statement . I just want some advice to what I can do . I work full time and Funny enough in the LA myself but as a X officer , and been to many cp conferences , it’s made me so sick with worry about this happening to me , I have signed myself of work and work have been very understanding . Any advice would be helpful I have taken my kids 3 holidays since this began just to keep their mind busy wer in June until 15th the last 45th day so we can just keep away from it all. My mum has moved to mine since this began and stays mon to Friday and weekends I take the kids away to my dads caravan. Will the kids ever be able to see their dad again? My eldest his step diaghter feels so guilty over it all and says she just wants to scream at them to leave us alone she didn’t realise what it would cause . Will we ever be able to live together again? Will they press charges on him? (None of us have given statements ) they just have the body cam footage.
Last edited by Suzie, FRG Adviser on Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moderated to remove personal information

KatKat10

Post by KatKat10 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:03 pm

Dear duped Dad

It's a big risk revoking the section 20 as the CS will apply to the court. I was in a similar position and was forced into signing the section 20. You hit the nail on the head, so to speak these people are inhumane and lack emotional intelligence. To them it is almost like a point score, if they get a section 20 signed. There is something going on with the system as they appear trigger happy to do this and remove children from their families. Emotional trauma is a big buzz word for them, yet they are the ones causing emotional trauma by removing children.

I am currently in the courts, still in Issues resolutions, mainly down to the failings of CS not doing assessments etc. They, CS were too quick to go to court and it is going to cost them dearly. it sounds like you are currently in the PLO stage and that means you get automatic legal aid and if it goes to court. Your solicitor will have more clout that way, exposing the failings. They will source a barrister to represent you in court. You child will be appointed a guardian by the court, depending on who you get they can be a good resource. Guardians are the voice of the child. Do not give CS any reason to say you are not cooperating, no matter how frustrating things get, keep a written record of every communication.

You should be getting more supervised contact with your son, as you say if he has learning difficulties they will take advantage of that. Independent review officers can assist with getting more contact, if the CS cannot provide a valid reason to not give you this. I found the IRO was quite good, but for certain things they were overuled by social workers managers. SW's twist and manipulate everything.

it was only when the case went to court, the judge was basically asking why it had come to the court when things had not been completed. They made up some rubbish, they were worried I was going to revoke the section 20, which was lies. The courts can expose the failings and the key is to submitting your statements to contain factual information. There will be a lot of documents to read through, go through each one and reference any lies or stuff which is not factual. If you can back up the facts with evidence, do so. They like to break people, when you start fighting back, they start to back down and then throw more lies onto the pile, to the point they run out and resort to submitting absolute rubbish to court. The judge is not concerned with what if's and we think or speculation, they deal with the hard facts and evidence.

In regards to your wife, sorry to hear things have broken down. Does she have any awareness of the implications of your son being in foster care to try to work together to resolve differences or has the situation gone past repair? I hope she is getting the support she needs and also for yourself. Please fight for your boy, do not let them win!

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:24 pm

Roadcharacter wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:03 pm April 7th I found messages on my husbands phone from talking to two women . I didn’t want to ruin Easter so said we would talk about it later he decided to go out with his friends than prioritise his family I rang and rang no answer so messaged him to get his stuff he came back hours later I was furious and hid his trainers so he couldn’t leave. He went mad and started ripping the cupboard out I ran out to his friend in the car and told him to remove him or I’m calling the police he didn’t so I called the police . He then got out the car and walked into the house our 2 year old was upstairs asleep and my 7year was in the garden playing with her friend , my eldest his step daughter 13 came down stairs I didn’t know she was down stairs but must had heard him smashing the cupboard up , as I’m on the phone to the police I heard her crying going he’s punched me the 999 lady asked me what she said so I repeated it she was then going my eye I’m going to have a black eye , so again I repeated it to the 999 call I told her to go upstairs and then my husband shouted up the stairs I never hit you I wish I bloody did and chucked a shoe up the straps (hit the wall). He left and the police turned up. As they was here my daughter came down stairs and her nose was bleeding (she suffers with nose bleeds prescribed cream for it) so I went upstairs got her meds ashma pumps etc and an ambulance was called to check her over . The ambulance didn’t see any marks , bruises , nothing . But while she was being checked over the police officer was talking to me (I’m still In shock) . I have been with my husband since she was 3 and we have never had any arguments, rows nothing in front or away from the kids . The police officer was asking me what happened I told her , I said my daughter said he punched her, and caused a black eye (but it wasn’t) and she asked me loads of other questions anyways . Husband been on bail now no direct or indirect contact since then , section 47 was carried out (2 weeks left until 45 days) however he breached his bail it was our daughters 13th birthday we was going to X she was crying as I was cancelling it etc but we went and they found out , haven’t heard anything since this was 2 weeks after the bail was out In place and thre incident . My daughter has said and told them she didn’t want to make a statement and it didn’t happen she was annoyed because he said to her that’s two father figures you haven’t got now and she shouted at him and wouldn’t let his past so he pushed her out the way to get past so she said he punched her out of anger . We’ve told them police and social workers this she even went and had a private interview but they still carrying on investigation and think she’s lying to protect me . I said do you really think I would let someone punch my daughter and forgive them. He has parental r to his two children with me but hasn’t been abale to see them for nearly 10 weeks now . School called recently and said our 7 year is being really emotional lately and acting out do I have any updates on bail et . I passed this on to the police in charge and she said she would note it down again haven’t been able to get in touch with the social worker . We have only met the Sw once when she came out a few days after incident . However the pc officer called me and said in the body cam
They have asked me if I witnessed the incident and I said yes . I said indont remember talking to the officer I was on a state of shock, I don’t remember it all happened so far and if I did I’m sorry but I didn’t and if you want me to give a statement to say I didn’t I will. The only person who witnessed anything was my husbands friend but they haven’t spoken to him or even asked for his witness statement . I just want some advice to what I can do . I work full time and Funny enough in the LA myself but as a X officer , and been to many cp conferences , it’s made me so sick with worry about this happening to me , I have signed myself of work and work have been very understanding . Any advice would be helpful I have taken my kids 3 holidays since this began just to keep their mind busy wer in June until 15th the last 45th day so we can just keep away from it all. My mum has moved to mine since this began and stays mon to Friday and weekends I take the kids away to my dads caravan. Will the kids ever be able to see their dad again? My eldest his step diaghter feels so guilty over it all and says she just wants to scream at them to leave us alone she didn’t realise what it would cause . Will we ever be able to live together again? Will they press charges on him? (None of us have given statements ) they just have the body cam footage.
Dear Roadcharacter

I have replied to the posts on your other thread.

Best wishes

Suzie