history

frustrated mum

history

Post by frustrated mum » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:33 am

Social services are banging on about an incident that happened 13 years ago which yes I was in a refuge for 2 weeks with my children not the best situation for anyone to be in. Because of this incident this is the cause of all my problems. Ive seen reports that say 13 yrs ago we were a family in need?? so where were they13 yrs ago is the system that flawed that it takes that long for help to arrive , much to late I might add. I have agreed to all referrals now to keep them happy which is a joke. God bless ss

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: history

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:17 pm

Dear Frustrated Mum

Thank you for your post.

1. The child protection or plan in place, should identify professionals concerns and the nature of formally supported by professionals, in your parenting of the children? You may wish to refer to any reports, or minutes of meetings you have attended to help with this.

2. It would be surprising if Children's Services are using the protective action you took such a long time ago, when you went to live in a refuge with your children, as their main concern at this time. Were there any other issues they have raised, about what happened then, that could cause them to have concerns about your ability to keep your children safe now?

3. Once you have the answers to these questions, it may be helpful to request in writing why they are worried, about the children's safety, so that you have every chance to address the concerns, or seek the right support to help you do so.

Best Wishes

Suzie