Rekindling relationship after CPP closure.

Post Reply
Gym mom
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:45 pm

Rekindling relationship after CPP closure.

Post by Gym mom » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:01 pm

Hi, in September last year my partner assaulted me with our then 3 month old son in the room. Police were called, but i didn't take any further action. SS put us on a CPP which was eventually closed in May this year. The agreement was that contact was supervised until i say so. My partner had a serious issue with drugs which caused this assault. He has got previously DV on his record from precious partner but she admits to me it was her who was abusive.

Since the incident he has not touched drugs and is a completely different man. He has been doing courses about domestic violence and i have completed the freedom programme. We have decided to get back together and recently found out we are expecting again.

I'm looking for advice for what i should do moving forward. Should i contact SS myself and explain that we are getting back together and offer them to come out and assess us?

I just need some guidance as to what the best solution is. My freedom worker says that our relationship has never come under a 'traditional' domestic abuse relationship. As he is actually quite the opposite of abusive apart from when he was under the influence. Again, it's been nearly a year since he has done drugs.

Thank you

User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 2622
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: Rekindling relationship after CPP closure.

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:00 pm

Dear Gym mom,

Welcome to the Parent’s Forum and congratulations on your pregnancy.
Yes you (or your dv worker) could contact children services and explain that you want to get back together with your partner and that you are expecting another child. Explain that there has been a change in circumstances as your exe is drugs free.

Has he done any perpetrators programme recently? If not, he should be doing this as soon as he can. can advise about programmes in your area.

Children services will want to know that your daughter is not being placed at any risk from your partner at the moment. You may have to maintain supervised contact until he is re- assessed. Check with them or your DV worker.

Alternatively, if you do not contact children services, your GP or the midwife should make a referral.
Here are FAQ’s about domestic violence for mothers.

If you need further advice, please post again or call our advice line on 0808 801 0366.
Best wishes,

Post Reply