Reocuring even after signed of

Helpwithrights

Reocuring even after signed of

Post by Helpwithrights » Mon May 13, 2019 2:58 pm

Social services come along with child protection in 2016 due to domestic violence I was on the plan for 15months. SO many little faults but was little then. Basically cut short they were signed of i left my sons dad and moved on he got with another mum at my childrens school and I werent prepared to move them when they were happy so 2 years in they've split up and she had made allegations against him of rape and domestic violence wich were proven to bot be true and I do believe this as she also made numerous about me. She done that because he was in contact with hes sons. Because of this went child protection didnt meet threshold as werent me making the accusations etc so they went on a child in need proved to them then well times unannounced visits appointments hes no were to be seen she moves her child school got signed of happy days knock at door same social worker weve had more referrals saying hes in your property etc we think need open it up again. Then Friday she said someone had called police to stae he was their I didnt let her in this time because why should I. She said she has had to come out as its within the 3 month cooling off period after being signed of I cant keep getting this it knocks me for six and I need to move on. Any help advice please just to know were I stand with letting them in etc but he ain't their these allegations are malicious but apparently they have to look into it but seems as though it's always within the 3 months

Helpwithrights

Re: Reocuring even after signed of

Post by Helpwithrights » Tue May 14, 2019 10:06 am

Helpwithrights wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 2:58 pm
Social services come along with child protection in 2016 due to domestic violence I was on the plan for 15months. SO many little faults but was little then. Basically cut short they were signed of i left my sons dad and moved on he got with another mum at my childrens school and I werent prepared to move them when they were happy so 2 years in they've split up and she had made allegations against him of rape and domestic violence wich were proven to bot be true and I do believe this as she also made numerous about me. She done that because he was in contact with hes sons. Because of this went child protection didnt meet threshold as werent me making the accusations etc so they went on a child in need proved to them then well times unannounced visits appointments hes no were to be seen she moves her child school got signed of happy days knock at door same social worker weve had more referrals saying hes in your property etc we think need open it up again. Then Friday she said someone had called police to stae he was their I didnt let her in this time because why should I. She said she has had to come out as its within the 3 month cooling off period after being signed of I cant keep getting this it knocks me for six and I need to move on. Any help advice please just to know were I stand with letting them in etc but he ain't their these allegations are malicious but apparently they have to look into it but seems as though it's always within the 3 months
Helpwithrights wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 2:58 pm

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Reocuring even after signed of

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:25 pm

Dear Helpwithrights

Welcome to the parents’ discussion forum and thank you for posting.

I am sorry that you did not receive a response to your post sooner.

It appears from your post that children’s services have been having a number of referral about you and your former partner. You believe these allegations are malicious and you are finding it difficult to have visits from the social worker.

You say in your post that you were signed off, does this mean that your case was closed by the social worker? It may be that your local children’s services keep a case open even when not actively involved and waits 3 months before actually closing the case to make sure that nothing else happen.

My suggestion would be that you write to the social worker asking for their child in need policy so that you can be clear about how the process works. I know you find it very frustrating for the social worker to visit you after a referral is made but they do have a legal duty to follow up on a referral. Please read our advice sheet relating to what happens when children’s services receives a referral An introductory guide to Children’s Services

Children’s services can sometimes reach the conclusion that referrals are malicious but they have to investigate before making that decision.

Ask the social worker to explain what the concern regarding any visits to your home if you are not in a relationship, and this is not something you agreed to, do children’s services have concerns about him being in your home.

Is there any reason why your children’s father cannot be at your home? Is there an agreement that you will not have him there, is that why these referrals are being made? Are there contact arrangements in place for him to see his children

Should you wish to speak to an adviser directly, you can telephone our confidential advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open from 9.30am to 3pm Monday to Friday.

Hope this is helpful.

Best wishes

Suzie