help advice, my son social workers, fabrication, not believing

cabdyfish

help advice, my son social workers, fabrication, not believing

Post by cabdyfish » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:59 pm

Hi rather a long title i know,
I'm new on this site and unsure if you can provide any help. To cut a long story short, my 10 year old needs help, social services have done a single assessment combined on him. This is full of lies and fabrication. They have NEVER shown it to my son, and he is unhappy "nothing has changed", since he has runaway and "dad" hit him.
Social workers have now closed the case, and i am working through the complaints service.
But this doesn't give my son the help and support he needs.
If you are able to advice either complaints, or a voice for my son, it would be very welcome.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: help advice, my son social workers, fabrication, not believing

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:15 am

Dear cabdyfish,

I am sorry to hear about the difficulties that you experienced in trying to get help for your son. The social worker has now closed the case.

You do not say what support your son needs. It would help me give better advice, if you could set out why you think your son needs support from children services.

Our advice sheet about family support sets out how children services might support a child.

You should also ask the social worker for the “threshold document”-or down load a copy off their website.
It sets out the process for early help assessments and the early help services available in a local area. It should also makes clear the criteria, including the level of need, for referrals to Children’s Services and for services to be provided to children in need and to children who may be at risk of or are suffering significant harm.

So different services might be given depending on where you live.

You are currently trying to challenge the decision through the complaints procedure.

This can be a good way to challenge decisions of social workers, particularly if you have tried to make the argument to the social worker and manager and they still do not agree. At stage 2, an independent person is appointed to look at the compliant.
You might find our advice sheet about complaint helpful.

I am also worried that the assessment contains a lot of errors and lies.
If these are factual errors (such as names spelt incorrectly, dates wrong or incidents wrongly described) you should point these out and ask that they be corrected.
If you do not agree with the social workers opinion, ask that your views are reflected in the report or by having a letter of your views attached.

A social worker may share a report with a child, if they have assessed the child as mature enough to understand it.

If your son does not feel listened to, there are advocacy and advice services for children who could help.

You could contact National Youth advocacy service who have a free and confidential advice line.

Please post back if you want to add further information or have any questions.

Best wishes,

Suzie