Need help with care order being dropped....

Mummy Ann

Need help with care order being dropped....

Post by Mummy Ann » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:35 am

Hi there.

My 2 children have bin foster placement for 2 n half yrs now, I recently applied to the courts for the care order to dropped I had all the relevant assessments done that a passed with flying colours, my ex partner (childrens dad) has caused me loads of trouble so rehabilitation has dragged on he told the social worker I was on drugs this resulted me havin another hair strand test done again, I tested positive for use of cocaine a very very small amount I admitted this SW but not until the test results came through, I was havin daily contact with my children but now due the results they SS an the guardian don't support rehabilitation, my use was blip an one off nothin I'm proud off I feel ashamed due to actions, it's still on court the judge hasn't made his final decision yet, would you be able to offer me any help or advice an what I can do to get my childern home I'm at my wits end an will absolutely anything.

Thanks.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Need help with care order being dropped....

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:07 pm

Dear Mummy Ann

Welcome to Family Rights Group Parents’ Discussion Forum. My name is Suzie and I am one of the Advisers at

I am sorry that you are going through difficulties trying to have your children rehabilitated to your care.

It is unfortunate that you had a positive hair strand test for cocaine. You say that you had very good results from the assessments that you had to undergo. Your children’s father told the social worker you were using drugs? How did he know? He was proved right, this means that Children Services and the Guardian will be worried about what might happen if the children were to return to your care. Is it the case that your drug use was one of the issues that led to the children being removed from your care?

I am sure that you feel very sorry and remorseful for the blip you had but Children Services will be concerned for the children’s welfare.

Since you had the blip, what steps have you taken in relation to attending a drug rehabilitation service to give you more help in remaining drug free? If you have not engaged with a service it might be a good idea to do so. This would show the court that you are trying to deal with the issue.

If there was a particular reason for this blip in using cocaine, you need to consider how you can explain to the court what happened and how you can ensure that it will not happen again if the children were returned to you. Prior to this happening were you being supported by Children Services to be reunited with the children and were they have increased contact with you. If the children are of an age where they can express their wishes and feelings this would be important but it will not necessarily mean they will get what they want.

I am including here a copy of our advice sheet about reunification of children to the family, which I hope you will find helpful. The test result will be a worry for the Guardian and Children Services even though you say it was only a small amount. As stated, try to explain how the situation occurred, as the father told Children Services and you tested positive, they may think there was more than the one blip.

Should you wish to speak to an Adviser, please do telephone our advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open from 9.30 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. Monday to Friday.

Best wishes

Suzie