Shared parental responsability...do's and dont's?

princess27

Shared parental responsability...do's and dont's?

Post by princess27 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:55 pm

Hello can I have some things listed on what I can and can't do?
Two children in longterm foster care and two children on care order at home.

The social worker isn't clear and don't want to do anything I shouldn't.
Also what do I have to notify the la of too?

Edited by Suzie st ****to remove confidential information.
Mummy to five beautiful children x

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Shared parental responsability...do's and dont's?

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:21 pm

Hi Princess27,
As well as asking the social worker to put a list in writing of what you can and cannot do when exercising your shared parental responsibility towards your children, also have a look at Duties to children in the care system. This advice sheet explains how decisions are made about children under care orders.

You should have a copy of your children’s care plan-for your children at home as well as those in foster care. The care plan is a written record of how your children’s needs (educational, health etc) will be met and how you will be invovled in meeting those needs.
Since July of this year, the placement plan must now include a "delegation of authority" to make decisions about the child s care and upbringing, to ‘the foster carer / appropriate person in a children’s home or to the parent’.

The plan should now also specify who makes decisions about medical and dental treatment; education; leisure and home life; faith and religious observance; use of social media; and any other matters which children services and you as a person with parental responsibility consider appropriate.
Do you have a copy of the most recent placement plan to refer to?

Best wishes,
Suzie