can social services speak to my employers?

Post Reply
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:50 pm

can social services speak to my employers?

Post by fuzzy68blue » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:57 am

I have been working for a company since may 2007 cleaning offices, one of the offices i was contracted to clean was where the sw work, i have had sw dealing with my family while i have worked there and not had a problem working there, i have kept my private life seprate from my work-life if any of the sw speak i am polite and speak back. A better job came up at easter it worked well with kids i was Home early in evening to spend time with them before bed, we had dealings again with ss back in may our last cpc was two weeks ago the kids are taken off cpp but someone from ss has informed the client manager that i i have been working in their building . The client manager has informed my supervisor and so my area manager had to be told i was also told that someone will be ringing up the big boss from firm i work for, im just wondering what they will be told. Im on been put on suspention at the moment with pay but told i will not be allowed in any building that have sw working in them so i will lose 12.5 hours .

Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:07 pm

Re: can social services speak to my employers?

Post by blueplain » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:23 am

That really sucks, it is not like your using your time in their offices to infiltrate, spy or effect the outcome of your own case. Either have you displayed any threatening behavior towards any of the staff due to your dealing with them. More typical red tape because of a chance of a threat it would seem. I wonder if they actually have a procedure for this type of thing. Well I wish you luck and I think your best course of action to clear up what is happening before it happens is to contact the children services and ask what the implications of this are.

User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 2215
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: can social services speak to my employers?

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:30 am

Dear fuzzy68blue,

I am sorry to hear about the difficulties you are experiencing at work.
Are you a member of a union? If so, you need to take this up with them. If not, you could contact Working Familes.Org. They can provide confidential advice about employment rights and issues of your confidentiality.

In certain circumstances; your right to confidentiality can be over ruled-for example, when considering safety of children. However, before contacting your employer, I would have expected them to discuss this with you first. Why don't you ask them what information they intend to disclose and why you were not contacted about this first?

Please see information “ What if I don’t want other people to find out information about me” at the bottom of page of 5 of access to records.

Or you could contact the Information Commissioner on the Data Protection Help Line Telephone: 0303 123 1113.

I hope this helps.
Best wishes,

Post Reply