Advice required about invite and chair for CPC

choccy

Advice required about invite and chair for CPC

Post by choccy » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:33 am

Can anyone tell me when parents get the offical 'letter of invite' to a Child Protection Conference ie a week before the conference given that they should be held within 15 days and also when will a Chair have been appointed for the conference as I have read information that the Chair would have been appointed when a Conference was decided on and at the same time a decision made who will attend it.

blueplain

Re: Advice required about invite and chair for CPC

Post by blueplain » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:21 pm

choccy wrote:Can anyone tell me when parents get the offical 'letter of invite' to a Child Protection Conference ie a week before the conference given that they should be held within 15 days and also when will a Chair have been appointed for the conference as I have read information that the Chair would have been appointed when a Conference was decided on and at the same time a decision made who will attend it.
In my experience I recieved a letter very soon after it had been arranged. However no harm in chasing it up with your social worker. There is also the complaints procedure if you do not recieve this letter by the time of the conference.

Here is a link giving advice about the Complaints procedure from the FRG

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:37 am

Hello choccy

Welcome to the discussion boards. My name is Suzie and I am an adviser at Family Rights Group.

Government guidance does not specify when invites should be sent out although good practice would be for this to be done as early as possible.

Guidance is also not specific about when a chair will be appointed or when a decision about attendees will be finalised.

Your local authority will have local child protection procedures which will give details of policy in your area. If you have concerns that the process is not being appropriately followed, you could request a copy of these.

We have an indepth advice sheet about child protection procedures, which you might find useful to read. We also have a series of films showing a child protection conference to help parents gain a clear idea of what to expect from the meeting.

Hope this helps choccy.

Best Wishes

Suzie
FRG Adviser

whyme

Post by whyme » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:55 am

Hi

I was told verbally over the phone by SW confirming date of conference and the invite followed a couple of days later. So we had just under 2 weeks notice. On the letter it had the name of the chair person and her contact details by email.

Hope this helps