solicitor

endofmytether

solicitor

Post by endofmytether » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:16 am

When all this started back in October last year I contacted a solicitor and she saw me thought yes I think she will work for us I tried making further appointments made numerous phone calls to her never replied anyway after weeks / months of trying to get to talk to her she finally says sorry not much we can do and all I thought was thanks for your help now because of short notice we have to go to family court alone without backing of them

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: solicitor

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:39 pm

Hi end of my tether

Sorry to hear that you are faced with the prospect of having to represent yourself in the court private law court process.

Due to the changes in public funding (or legal aid) entitlements, it seems that increasingly there will be more and more parents facing in this situation, in these matters.

May I suggest that you consider seeking some advice from the Community Legal Advice helpline on 0845 3454 345 https://www.gov.uk/legal-aid/how-to-claim or Children's Legal Centre on 08088 020 008 http://www.childrenslegalcentre.com/, as they have a free advice line that may be able to assist you at this time.

Best Wishes

Suzie

endofmytether

Post by endofmytether » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:13 pm

Thankyou we went back today 19th and the grandmother was granted contact (2 hours every Wednesday ) which is ok but she did not recieve full r.o which we were glad about the most frustrating thing she told lies how long our boys were up there for just to get the 2hrs which we'd agree to anyway because the 1hour is not long enough to see their brother I have always stressed that but today it made us look like we have never said 1hour is not long enough thanks

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:00 pm

Hi end of my tether

I am glad some positives came out of the court hearing today, and that you were pleased that the Residence Order was not granted to the grandmother.

The court will continue to review contact to see if it is in the children's best interests, so try to be patient on this issue, because if you can demonstrate your ability to prioritise the boy's needs for contact, it could result in a favourable decision being granted by the court in the long term.

NB I just wanted to let you know that I have deleted your other thread (same name) as it was a repeat of this one, and all of the information on it.

Best Wishes

Suzie