The Local Goverment Ombudsman.

purdie

The Local Goverment Ombudsman.

Post by purdie » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:26 pm

Today I spoke to the lady at the LGO, and found out what their job is the lady on the phone said,

" we are not here to tell Social Services what to do, we simply advise that they treat you fairly "

" If the Social Services carry on treating you badly after I have advised that they treat you better
then I'm affraid we have no powers what so ever to help you as we are just here to advise".

So after waiting a year and a half to get to the LGO because they would not deal with my complaint untill I had followed all 3 stage's of a stage 3 complaint and won, because of the Social Services dreadfull behaviour,
That is the information I recived today they are only their to advise the social services to treat me better and they have no powers what so ever to make them.

So what if I have given them every chance to put things right and the relationship has broken down because of all the name calling and bullying on their part and I can't deal with them anymore after nearly 2 years.

Answer .....Then their is nothing we can do and the Complaint is closed.

So that is the job of the LGO an Advice service only, a year and a half to find that out today.
and we are supposed to have a good Complaint system in the country Mr PM,

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: The Local Goverment Ombudsman.

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:04 am

Hello Purdie

I'm sorry you have felt so let down by your conversation with the LGO.

It is right that the LGO have no powers to force Children's Services to take a specific action. If they do make a recommendation, however, it is usual for Children's Services to accept and follow this.

In cases where Children's Services are not following a LGO recommendation, your next step would be to consider a "judicial review". This means taking the local authority to court to challenge the legality of a policy or a decision that they have made.

Taking a local authority to judicial review is a complex process. A strong recommendation from the LGO that has not been followed would clearly assist your case, however.

There is more information about the LGO and judicial review in our advice sheet about complaints

I hope this helps Purdie

Best Wishes

Suzie
FRG Adviser