Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:29 pm


Post by Nk84 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:23 pm

Looking for some advice so after one year of supervision order my son is on a child in need plan which is soon to finish everything has been going well farther of my child has to be supervised by me for contact because of drug use he see my son once a week in public places he will be allowed unsupervised once he has sustained drug use which hes working up to sw has just said for us to continue what were doing and dont make anything happen in the mean time an not to argue extra as we have done in the past.

Now I am pregnant with my sons dad after a one night stand we are not together he is not alloud at my home because of my son extra I'm not sure what to do or what is going to happen I have come so far an put my son first to get this far an things have been getting to the end I guess I dont no what to expect I'm not sure what to do about the pregnancy as I fear ss would take my first born thinking me an my partner are back together which we are not I'm just worried they would be concerned an think I haven't been safeguarding my son an as I'm single an my son is just turning 3 I dont have much support they'd have more concerns an possibly not end my sons supervision order I guess what I'm saying is there any advice of what may happen if I go threw with my pregnancy

Sorry for long post

Last edited by Suzie, FRG Adviser on Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Post moderated to protect anonymity

User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 2826
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: Baby

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:56 pm

Dear Nk84

Thank you for your post.

It is likely that when you meet your midwife that she will ask about previous involvement with Children’s Services and saying yes may/will trigger a referral to Children’s Services about your pregnancy. As scary as this may sound, you should expect that a social worker should deal with your situation as it is now.

In the situation that you describe where there has been domestic abuse in your relationship and where there are issues of drug misuse it may be difficult for professionals to ‘believe’ that you are not in a relationship with the father of your son or that you have been ‘keeping him out of your home’. However this does not mean that you will not be able to prove that you are not together but being pregnant does make it a little harder. In any event social workers will look at the past as well as your present situation before the make any decisions for your unborn child and your son. You have said that the social worker was happy with your progress and advised you to keep doing what you were doing in order to stay within the Child in Need framework and the work Children’s Services undertake when there is a Supervision Order in place.

If you have not done so already do contact Women’s Aid and do have a look at this information about the Freedom Programme. You may also want to write a plan about how you and your family or friends network can help you with looking after your son as your pregnancy progresses and what you might do when the baby is born. It may also be a good idea for the father of your child to gather some evidence about what he has done so far to free himself from drug misuse. It will also be useful if you ask the professionals to be very clear with you about what will or might happen, and if possible ask them for their responses in writing.

If you would like to discuss your situation, please call our advice service on 0808 801 0366, lines are open Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 3.00pm.

Best wishes


Post Reply