Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:58 am


Post by BHE19 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:24 pm


My daughter is being discriminated against by our Local Authority, who are deliberately using the Admissions Code 2007 “Hard to Place” Children, as a means to not safeguard my daughter into a “suitable” school in relation to her “aptitude” and “ability” as per the correct Admissions Code 2014 - Fair Access Protocol.

My Local Authority confirmed in writing that they DO NOT need to follow the Admissions Code, in relation to vulnerable children and the MUST have criteria in the FAIR ACCESS PROTOCOL.

I know this is not correct and what they are doing is unlawful and following an out of date and obsolete
Code, that originally came out 12 years ago and is no longer used for over 5 years.

I have gone to my MP, my Local Councillor, Ofsted, Ministry of Education, Child Law, Equality, Service and Support who have pointed me to the Local Government Ombudsman as my Local Authority refuses to cooperate.

My daughter has been out of education for 13 weeks, because my Local Authority continues to believe they are in the right; when various Agencies state they are not.

I need legal representation for my daughter to have access to Justice.

I am not entitled to Legal Aid and I do not have the means to pay a Solicitor.

Can FRG point me in the right direction?

Are there Solicitors that work on a no win no fee?

User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 2629
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm


Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:59 pm

Dear BHE19,

I am sorry to hear about your daughter’s situation-that she is not getting access to any education.

I am not sure of your daughter’s age and legal status. Is she a looked after child (in care or accommodated) or is she living at home? If she is looked after, please see my advice at the end of the post.

You ask who might be able to advise your daughter about her rights and also where you might get advice about education law.

Your daughter might get advice and advocacy via the National Youth Advocacy Service (NYAS). .

Just for Kids Law operate in the London and advise about education law.

For education law advice, you as a parent, could contact IPSEA via their website and the Advisory Centre for Education as well as the child law advice line.

We are Advocates -are barristers who act for free might be able to help.

If your daughter is a looked after child (in care or accommodated) then you should contact the independent reviewing officer the person who manages a child’s care plan and makes sure children services are meeting a child’s needs as set out in the care plan.

Please see the advice sheet that is linked above. In these circumstances (if children services are involved) please also post again for further advice or call our advice line on 0808 801 0366.

Best wishes,

Post Reply