Please help

Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:37 am

Please help

Post by Moodyminx » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:55 am

Hello I'm new here I would like some help for my daughter . She split from her partner a year ago as he mentally abused her they have a son 4 year old . Dad was in prison for drug dealing for 3 years of my grandsons life . Now he took my grandson and refused to bring him back went to court and got a temporary order to keep my grandchild saying that my daughter was suicidal . Not true but he was granted the order until my daughter went through an assessment . The fist court date my daughter was allowed contact with her son 3 days a week while she was not at work and a phone call at weekends while she was at work . Her contact on Friday she couldn't drop my grandson off at his other grandparents house so she rang them and asked if they could pick him up they said no we are phoning the police and hung up . Now they have stopped contact we don't understand why this is happening my daughter is lost she is heartbroken and wants her baby boy back she has a solicitor but feels like she is getting nowhere .social worker has been lying to family members and we are taking that further please if anyone can give us some advice on what we can do . I just want to add that dad got the order from court but he works away and grandson is left with his parents . Please help thank u in advance xxx

User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 2781
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: Please help

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:54 pm

Dear Moodyminx,

Welcome to the Parents Forum.

I am sorry to hear about the difficulties your daughter is having. It sounds like there are private law proceedings. Dad had taken your 4 year old grandson from mothers care and she is struggling to have contact with him. She has a solicitor but she is not confident that she is representing her well.
I am not able to advise you about the court proceedings as it is not in our remit. Family Rights Group advise about children service practices as procedures.
There is the Child Law Advice line and Rights of Women who both advise about private law proceedings.
You say there is a social worker involved but you say that she has been lying to family members. Mum, as she has legal parental responsibility, should ask for copies of any assessments to get an idea of what she has been saying.

It could be the social worker is repeating information she has heard from someone else but is not lying herself. Mum should raise her concerns with the social worker.
Best wishes,

Post Reply