I want to Leave My Husband

Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon May 20, 2019 1:58 pm

I want to Leave My Husband

Post by bunnymama32 » Fri May 24, 2019 9:40 am

Social services have been involved with me and my family since October 2016.*** was on a child in need plan . He got placed on a child protection plan in January 2018,3 weeks later he was taken into care, that lasted for 9 months he came home in November. Things with *** are going well ss are pleased and also other professionals. The sad thing however is that I am no longer happy with my husband, we have been arguing a lot (our son doesn't witness that).I want to know what will happen once I pluck up to tell my husband it's over. I don't want to lose *** but I know that they prefer families together.

***edited by Suzie to ensure confidentiality.

User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 2652
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: I want to Leave My Husband

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:27 pm

Dear bunnymama32

Welcome to the parents’ discussion forum and thank you for your post.

I am sorry that it has taken some time due to workload to respond to your post.

In your post you say that children’s services (the new name for social services) has been involved with your family since October 2016. It is good to see that your baby was returned to your care after being in care for 9 months. You must be very happy that things have worked out well for you and your family.

Now, you have come to the point where you are thinking that you wish to end your relationship with your husband. There has been a lot or arguing. You say that your son does not witness this but he is still likely to be affected

If it is the case that you have made up your mind to end your relationship then children’s services do not have any control over that. The fact that there is a lot of arguing would be more of a concern to them. As you are no doubt aware, their concern is to safeguard the child and to make sure that the child or children is being brought up in a safe environment. Conflict in the home would not be considered as appropriate for your son’s emotional well-being.

You and your husband might find it helpful to engage in relationship counselling to see if you can find the source of the problem in your relationship. This might help you both in making decisions about your relationship.

It is entirely a matter for you to decide and children’s services is not there to penalise you for making a decision to safeguard your child and yourself. In fact, it is likely to be seen as positive, if you consider it as important to separate for the benefit of your baby son.

Should you wish to speak to an adviser you can telephone our advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line open from 9.30am to 3pm Monday to Friday (except Bank Holidays).

I hope you find this is helpful.

Best wishes


Post Reply