What to do with a boyfriend with a conviction and children's services are getting involved? NEED ADVICE ASAP

Crazybubble343

What to do with a boyfriend with a conviction and children's services are getting involved? NEED ADVICE ASAP

Post by Crazybubble343 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:30 am

Hi, just going to cut a long story short I was with my current partner for 3 and a half months and I got a phone call from social services to tell me that he is a danger to kids, even though he didn’t tell me about it we spoke about it and he told me it happened years ago back when he was 15/16/17, he’s now 22 and he showed me the court paperwork and he was charged for touching the child but never went prison nor was he put on the sex offenders register, the person who called SS mum made it worse by making all these false allegations against him and when the court found out that she was lying they dropped the other charges but he was still charged with touching, me and him want to get back together and make another go of things but ss are saying that he can’t have the assessment done cause he’s not moving in with me, can I have some advice on what to tell ss about this, cause I know we have only been together 3 and a half months but I do care about him and I know he should of told me but he didn’t know how to approach me by telling me. I just need some advice on getting SS on my side for once because whenever I speak to my Ss all he keeps asking is if we are moving in together when we are not, we want to give it another go but I’ve already told my ex that we are not giving it another go unless he does the assessment but all my social worker is saying is he can’t have the assessment unless we are moving in together, I really need some advice on what to do as I really want to give it another go cause I do believe he has learnt from his mistakes and I also believe that it won’t happen again and I know deep down he has changed his ways of what happened a couple of years ago

Thankyou for the advice as much needed at the moment!! :cry:

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: What to do with a boyfriend with a conviction and children's services are getting involved? NEED ADVICE ASAP

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:29 am

Dear Crazybubble343

Thank you for your posts. Just to let you know that I have already responded to your query, last week, which you posted under the ‘Welcome and rules of use’ thread.

With best wishes

Suzie