I'm lost

K3lleh

I'm lost

Post by K3lleh » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:13 pm

Hi everyone

I am basically lost on how I can move forward and how I can step forward to getting my boys home.
The back story goes that October 2017 my partner took my son to hospital whilst I was in work and the hospital have revealed that he had a fracture in his arm. Both me and my partner have no explanation for how it happened and even after the court proceedings I cannot tell anyone how it has happened because I really haven't got a clue. The months went on and I gave birth to our second son and social services took that child away because we were still under court proceedings.

In court we had nursery in who just walked away, we had my friend in who was dismissed so they were still saying it was me or my partner. I have nearly murdered my partner throughout the court proceedings because of the stress this has caused for me. The court looked badly into our personal lives and seen problems with myself and my partner as individuals however I have already been the doctors to get them sorted and been dismissed because they have said that im not addicted to things and that I have managed to stable my mental health myself.

The court proceedings finished in August 2018 and the court has put a Special GuardianShip order in place. Knowing that I have done nothing wrong to my son just makes me want to fight even harder for them both to come home but I now don't know the right steps to go for it. Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Also someone had told me that special guardianship orders don't go on forever is this true? or does it get reviewed or anything at all?
As I have said I am lost
Thank you

Kelly

Miserylovescompany2

Re: I'm lost

Post by Miserylovescompany2 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:39 pm

Hello

I have been through court proceedings myself which ended in 2017 - my own situation was/is different to that of your own. One of my children is in the care system.

You've made reference to both nursery and a friend - I am assuming they were both included in the initial pool of perpetrators. Can I ask how they were ruled out? It might also be useful to know the age of your first child and were they verbal at the time?

Also you have mentioned not being addicted to things - I am assuming these were concerns for Children's services. Can I ask if these concerns were still ongoing during your second pregnancy?

You've been very open and honest about how the stress of court proceedings effected you emotionally. Did you physically hurt your partner or he hurt you?

Was there a phycological assessment done on either yourself or your partner. If so? There is normally recommendations for therapy if needed.

After court ended were you sent all the paperwork afterwards? Also the initially paperwork which submitted to the court would detail all the concerns. Did anyone go through these with you?

Do you recall if either the legal team for you or your partner attempted to counterbalance what CS were saying?

I guess a starting point would be (and I know how awful this is) to go through the paperwork and make a list of the concerns. If you feel that there were factual errors then highlight these. By doing this it will bring back all the heightened feelings and emotions. So prior to doing that I think it's important that you have someone to support you - it would be reckless of me to say that even by ticking every one of CS concerns that it would change the outcome.

I think it's so important that you understand each part of the court process. In reality both Children's services and your legal team should have been explaining what each part of the process meant - I know they don't and somehow just expect you accept the bottom has been pulled from beneath your world. No-one actually tells you what you are supposed to do? You will have gone from not knowing which way is up to just nothingness.

Do you have contact with both your children? Are there regular LAC meetings?

Sorry for all the intrusive questions - I hope that you don't feel I've been judgemental, because that wasn't my intention.

Suzie the FRG adviser will hopefully signpost you and give you various links to access information easily.