PAM’s Assessment

DIA97

PAM’s Assessment

Post by DIA97 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:42 pm

Hello

Me and my bf have finished our assessment’s today and I feel like I have done good but I did have a bit of difficulty with adding a lot of numbers in my head and it took me a while to get it but I got it right it just took me a while to answer it, I’ve done fine with everything else in the assessment so I want to know if you think that’s something that my social worker will get concerned about or not? What do you think she will say about that? I asked the lady that I did the assessment with and she said that I’m doing good and that she thinks that my social worker might suggest that I do a course so do you think it’s something I should be worried about? All answers are welcome thank you!

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: PAM’s Assessment

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:38 am

Hello DIA97

Thank you for your further updating post.

I see that you have completed your assessment which has, for the most part, been positive but there are some concerns about your mental arithmetic (doing sums in your head). Whether or not this will be concern for the social worker will, I think, depend on your assessment as a whole and whether it is thought that it will have a detrimental effect on your ability to safely parent. You were able to do the sums but it took you a little while to do so.

It is important that you read the assessment report as a whole to see what is said about this aspect of the assessment. You have been told that you doing a course might help so this is something you should consider doing to help yourself. Not being able to do sums in your head is unlikely to be a reason in itself that you cannot care for your child. Everything has to be taken into account. Discuss the matter with your social worker or the solicitor who represented you at the pre-proceedings meeting.

The assessment is also to identify the areas in which you and your boyfriend might need support so it is important to focus on the recommendations in the assessment report and take on board any suggestions for support.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Suzie