Core Group - first one

Advice-needed

Core Group - first one

Post by Advice-needed » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:54 pm

So this morning was the first core group following my daughter being added to the child protection register.
I found it a very strange process. It was quite informal and I didn't leave feeling a complete failure of a mother.
Since my daughter had been added to the child protection register, I have decided to break all contact with the person I was seeing due to the "unspoken" but very clear threat that my child would be removed from me if I maintained that relationship. I'm an intelligent woman I can read between the lines I knew what they were saying would happen.
Anyway what surprised me about the core meeting today was the level of support this decision appeared to receive. It has actually been added into the plan that they want to work on my confidence and "my ability to trust people" to allow me to be able to have a successful relationship in future. I thought this plan would be all about my Daughter and to hang with me, I was basically just a consequence of a bad situation.
I just wondered has anyone found these situations surprisingly more supportive of you as the adult than expected. Also my daughter was referred to the community practitioner to help with their behavioural needs so that social work don't need to have a long term involvement in our lives. It was also stated that they don't want to be in out lives for a long time which was seen as a positive considering it has only been four weeks.

Thanks for reading my rant.

JAY VEE

Re: Core Group - first one

Post by JAY VEE » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:55 pm

We have recently attended our first Core Group meeting after the CPC had taken place.This too was relatively informal and for the first time in 6 months,I managed to make several points heard and agreed with.The main one was that they recognized that through inaction on information provided by ourselves, both the police & SS that our child had been placed at risk of CSE.I also covertly recorded the entire meeting.My advice based on my own experience would be to continue to be suspicious of everything that they say whilst portraying the opposite.Record them,even covertly as this may enable you to to put more power and accuracy to any questions you may have in future.Read the RIPA ACT 2000 & the Data Protection ACT 1998 first and DO NOT publish or share any of the information recorded with anyone other than your solicitor if you have one.