Please help Urgent.

John99

Please help Urgent.

Post by John99 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:38 pm

Sorry don't know where else to turn.

Hello,

I'm an offender seeking advice please.

I got charged with downloading images.
A 7 month sentence suspended for 2 years.

I have a computer where the SHPO states I need to keep my history.
I'm worried and don't know where to turn - I have not downloaded/looked at anything illegal but I have accidentally erased some of my history - about 1 month and a weeks worth. The rest is still there. (About 5 months) I believe they have ways of checking this which would verify it was an accident.

I'm terrified of going to jail, I realise I am responsible even though it was a complete accident.
Any advice covering all matters is welcomed.
Would I go straight to jail?
Do offenders often get killed in jail?

What is the need to know basis? - Worried about family knowing.
Etc etc

Thankyou

John

Advice-needed

Re: Please help Urgent.

Post by Advice-needed » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:42 pm

Best thing to do is speak to your probation officer/ managing officer. Let them know it's happened, be up front and the sooner the better. They will probably be able to restore the deleted history and see you haven't been downloading anything you shouldn't.
Always work with the system and be upfront!

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:20 am

Dear John99

You have posted on the parents’ discussion forum. Unfortunately, your situation does not fall in the remit of the advice we provide. We give advice where children’s services are involved.

It seems you are very worried and I see that you have received advice from a poster about how you could deal with the situation you find yourself in. This seems like a good way forward. Perhaps you could also get some advice from the solicitor who represented you at court.

This organisation, Lucy Faithfull Foundation , may also be able to offer you support and advice as they work primarily with sex offenders and might be able to help you deal with the worries that you have around your offence and the implications for you generally.

Hope you will be able to get the advice and help you need.

Best wishes

Suzie

John99

Post by John99 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:42 am

Thankyou very much