More SW questions

Post Reply
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:17 pm

More SW questions

Post by JAY VEE » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:48 am

I understand that a social worker can talk to my child without anyone present but are there any exceptions to this-even if it is by a solicitor or other suitable adult?

Posts: 220
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:55 pm

Re: More SW questions

Post by Miserylovescompany2 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:10 pm

I am not sure - under the guise of safeguarding rules seem to be made up...

I do know that your daughter is of an age where she can refuse to consent and if there is police involvement request that an appropriate adult is present. I do wonder if she is entitled to legal representation of her own? Also if she is not happy she can initiate a formal complaint - the process is much simpler for children. She could even in theory take this straight to the ombudsman.

My son filled out the online form for the ombudsman and actually received a phone call from them two days later!

Post Reply