Will someone please reply to me

Post Reply
misty blue
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:23 am

Will someone please reply to me

Post by misty blue » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:31 pm

Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:23 pm

Hi members I'm hoping you can give me some advice. 
(back ground ) 
I have been with my partner for 14 years. we have a six year old son. My partner was charged and sentenced to 3 years. For something that happened almost 20 years ago. ( with a child. my partner still claims his innocence and there was no proof at the trail) his will be able to be sealed next year on tag. Up to now child services have not been involved. I have a form to fill out to apply for him to have contact with our son. It says they will contact child services. 
I have read a few post and reply on here and understand that it is going to be a long and slow to get anywhere with them. I also understand that our son will be placed on child protection plan. I will work honest and open with child services and hope to get our life's back. From what I have read I am worried child services will do all they can to stop this happening. I am also worried they will not let me stay in touch with my partner while they do their assessment. ( he is struggling to deal with what has happened and worried losing contact will be to much for him) What are the chances he will be able to return home after his release? As child services are not involved yet I'm worried about when they do. I understand they have the child best interest but so do I? I also read child services will want to tell my six year old what my partner is in side for? can someone please try make me feel better about child services? 
thank you for reading.

User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 2212
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: Will someone please reply to me

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:20 pm

Dear misty blue

Your post has received a response on a different thread.

Best wishes


Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:18 pm

Re: Will someone please reply to me

Post by Seadog01274 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:51 pm

Hiya I’m in quite a similar situation reguarding the social services side of things. They do not want me to stay with my husband and they insisted my 8 year old be told in an age appropriate way what my husband has done. So far they have been useless in giving me any support. It’s weeks and weeks between visits. I have taken it upon myself to explain to my daughter what has happened. I am standing by my husband and I can have contact with him when I do not have my daughter. I am 26 years old I am not going to be told what I can and can’t do. I do however have to comply with their rules until they have done an assessment which is no contact when I have my daughter. Stay strong and stand your ground, they can be extremely pushy and scary at times

Post Reply