Is it a trailer by social services if they are not aware of child's health concerns

Fly

Is it a trailer by social services if they are not aware of child's health concerns

Post by Fly » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:14 am

My grandson was born with a birth defect genetic from dad's side of the family & is one of the things that he has tried to hid from health care professionals but when dad took the children from mum in April. Mum had to have a meeting to sign her off the boys case and it became apparent to HV & nursery lady & Mum & her birth parents that the social worker was unaware of the eldest sons 4 yr old Health concrrns and how it still effect him today. He has to take a laxitive drink every other day, otherwise he becomes manic as both children are also autistic.
Dad also moved without telling mum where but a good hours travel from mum. He's made so many accusations that I can say without a shadow of doubt are untrue and I feel so strongly that he has set her up to fail, with holding his care and love for the boys when mum had them. Also not sticking to regular contact, swapping, cancelling & turning up late in the night to take them for one night and not a week end night. Even though he was living there he has told ss that he has not been with mum for 2 years, that he raised the boys as she rejected the 2nd born. Rubbish as he tried to abduct this one and with held him from mum's care and interfered with everyone's bonding with that baby. That baby was six months old by the time I got to pick him up and love him as dad was so controlling with him to the point of holding him constantly. I even heard mum ask if she could hold the baby once cos dad had hold of him for hours.

This is the best bit SOCIAL SERVICES ARE BACKING THE ABUISER. I call it abuse as I've witnessed many things by him but the ss woman said I'm confrontational JOKE WOMAN THIS

I'm so mad about the way dad's brother set the ss on my daughter (( a year after the dad tried to take the 2nd born)) when she was coping, very well, after thier baby was born & had to have 3 operations in 6 months, mum had to stay in hospital for the first 3 months with baby, 1st born.

The SS won't consider anything other that mum's a bad parent cos this as woman has listened to the dad and his family but what's also odd, is she's never tried to walk to me and I've met her twice b4. She even went as far as to defend dad and his family to me in front of him and his mother (( mother's boy )) and told me I have no right to ask questions about how they are going to manage, the two boys. Support wise as they say mum's got no support but dad admitted having no support for a full week. Then his family & him are telling them the support is in place but it's ok NOW SOCIAL SERVICES HAVE SIGNED OFF THE CASE.
AFTER THE MESS THEY'VE MADE OF OUR FAMILY AND HIS ACCUSATIONS RIPPING US APART. THE ABUSE HAS COME DO FROM SS AND THAT SO CALLED DAD

WHO GIVES DADS A BAD NAME.

HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN ?

HAVE I THE RIGHT TO COMPLAIN TO THE HIGHEST PERSON IN SS AND WHO IS THAT?

PLEASE

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Is it a trailer by social services if they are not aware of child's health concerns

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:42 am

Dear Fly

Thank you for posting again.

In your post you mention that your grandson is now in his father’s care and you are concerned that children’s services (new name for social services) has supported the father whom you think has not been very supportive of the children’s mother.

You want to know what if you are able to complain to the highest person. Whilst I understand that you want to support your daughter by looking further into this situation, the person who is really able to complain about how the case has been handled would be your daughter. She is the one who has parental responsibility for your grandson (shared with the father if he is on the children’s birth certificates, was married to mother or has a court order). Children’s services does not have to give you information unless there is an assessment specifically about you as you do not have parental responsibility for the children.

It is not clear from your post whether there is a court order for the children to live with their father on the recommendation of the children’s services.

A copy of our advice sheet about Challenging decisions and making complaints is here for your information should your daughter decide to make a complaint. You will see that if children’s services does not resolve the complaint then it can go to the local government ombudsman at the end of the complaints procedure.

The director or head of children’s services in the local authority is also someone who you or your daughter could contact regarding the issues set out in your post. Your local MP may also be able to assist. Should you wish to speak to an adviser, please telephone our advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open from 9.30am to 3pm Monday to Friday.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Suzie