Child in need plan suggested

Kami2018

Child in need plan suggested

Post by Kami2018 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:43 pm

Hi would like some advice social services became involved when my partner committed a violent crime and he is awaiting sentence next mth to which I have says from day one he deserves whatever punishment comes ahead would also like to say this crime I wasn't present for nor was any of our children and he is not a prolific offender and is under probation ahead of sentence today social services told me because there is a time frame to first assessments that they would really like to have a child in need plan in place because they want to support us to move house and support my partner to make sure that he gets all the support and courses he needs such as anger management and a alcohol course and stressed to me that this is nothing to do with my parenting at all they just want to support us and the initial assessment time frame has came to a end so to stay involved to make sure this is all put in place they'd like to draw up a child in need plan any advice on what to expect please

Kami2018

Re: Child in need plan suggested

Post by Kami2018 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:15 pm

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:03 pm

Dear Kami2018

Thank you for your further post.

Regarding a child in need plan, this is to help children’s services put in a place a support plan for the family. I note that from your very first post children’s services were of the view that your family and in particular your partner needed support to deal with his anger issue as well as the loss of his father.

There was also a suggestion that it might help the situation if you moved home.

It appears that children’s services have now concluded their enquiries/assessment and have decided that a child in need plan would be the best way to support your family. Although support offered by children’s services under a child in need plan is voluntary and you do not have to accept it, you will need to show that you can provide the same or similar support. If you refuse the support and cannot or do not offer an alternative, then children’s services could decide that they need to escalate the procedure to child protection. They would consider this if they believe that the support is necessary to keep the children safe.

Please read our advice sheet Family support which explains more about family support and child in need.

Should you wish to speak to an adviser to discuss this further, you can telephone our confidential advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open from 9.30am to 3pm Monday to Friday (except Bank Holidays).

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes

Suzie

Kami2018

Post by Kami2018 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:33 pm

Thank you Suzie for your response yes we are both indeed gonna accept the support from children's services and will be so happy when its up and running so we can get started children's services have been fantastic and i vant stress enough to parents on here how supportive they are and they do there upmost to help familys and they stressed to me that this is nothing to do with my parenting and it's all about support for us as a family they mentioned that they won't call the meeting until my partners case is finished because obviously he will be attending so to move forward he would have to be there he is being sentenced this week she also mentioned that probation would be attending the meeting im unsure of the reason ??? The social worker met with my partner this mth and rang me to tell me she had no issues with my partner seeing his children with or with out me present which I'm relieved about but I knew that would happen as he is a genuinely brilliant father but just got into a bad situation and I would never condone what he did and I realise that he needs serious help to make sure this never happens again .

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:13 pm

Dear Kami2018

Thank you for your post and sharing that you have had a positive experience working with children's services.

Your experience should give others on the forum hope and confidence that it is possible to have a good outcome and that if parents or other work cooperatively with children's services it can work out well.

Best wishes

Suzie

Kami2018

Post by Kami2018 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:48 pm

Thank you Suzie update my partner was sentenced yesterday and has a 18 mths suspended sentence along with many of probation work like 150 hours community pay back and has to go to a group meeting with resolve to help with alcohol although he doesn't drink often as I stated before fit changes his behaviour so he has to address all those issues, so children's services have waiting for this sentence to be delivered so thay they can call a meeting along with probation to address all the support in place will that be like a multi agency meeting ???
All I know is I'm glad that the nightmare of the sentence is over and my family is back together at long last and kids are over joined to have daddy home again , but this is just the beginning of our future onwards and upwards and with all the help from children's services n probation I just know the future is bright