Hoping someone can help

Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:41 pm

Hoping someone can help

Post by Mustang » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:26 pm

My older daughter has made historic allegation about my older some from when they were both children and my son was arrested he was released under investigation mu y younger daughter had to go stay with my sister and ss informed now social services have said they have no concerns about safe guarding and are happy for my daughter to come home however the police investigation is still ongoing and we are recieving no updates at all so i am unsure therefore if i should bring my daughter home or not ,to clarify there is no evidence that anything every happened and my daughter has a history of making allegations of this nature

User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 2216
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: Hoping someone can help

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:46 pm

Dear Mustang

Welcome to the parents’ discussion board.

My name is Suzie, online adviser at Family Rights Group. I can see from your post that you are concerned about the allegations made against your son and whether you can have your daughter returned home whilst the police investigations are ongoing.

You say that children’s services (the new name for social services) have told you that they have no concerns regarding safeguarding and are happy for your daughter to return home. It is not clear from your post how long children’s services have been involved but I assume it has been long enough for them to carry out safeguarding investigations. This would normally be section 47 child protection enquiries to assess the situation for your daughter. The outcome would seem to be that they have no concerns.

Our advice sheet relating to Child protection procedures will give you more information about children's services investigation.

The fact that the police investigations are continuing does not mean that your daughter cannot return home. Children’s services and the police are concerned about different things. The police are carrying out a criminal investigation and children’s services are concerned about your daughter being in a safe environment. It appears that they are happy that you are able to keep her safe and she is not a risk of harm in the home. It will be for the police to decide at the end of their investigation whether to proceed with a criminal case.

It might be better for you to ask the social worker to confirm in writing that they are happy for your daughter to return home. This way, you will be acting on what they have told you and later on if there is a dispute you can show that you were informed in writing that your daughter can be at home. As stated above, the police investigation is a separate issue as, even if the police were not investigating, children’s services, if they believed it was unsafe for your daughter to be at home, to say she should not return home.

Should you wish to speak to an adviser, you can telephone our free confidential advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open from 9.30am to 3pm Monday to Friday (except Bank Holidays).

I hope this is helpful to you.

Best wishes


Post Reply