Independent Social worker

Murray72

Re: Independent Social worker

Post by Murray72 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:03 am

I used to attend a support and monitoring group in the North East of England and we would share our experiences with one another, one of the women who attended had discovered through another source her Guardian also worked as ISW so she contacted her directly and once she agreed she would be willing to look at the case she had to convince the courts to agree to this, I think this is the tricky part I was refused a ISW within my proceedings, and I do not know the process to get a an ISW involved within your case once a Judgement has been given.

The above Lady had a successful resolution to her case and her Grandchildren were returned to her care after a long period of time in foster care, of course it wasn't easy and I think the ISW only accepted to work with the family as they could prove that certain proceedures had not been followed and they were overlooked for consideration as carer's for the Children when court proceedings were commenced.

I think the benefit of an ISW is the fact they review all the evidence and look at everything from the beginning, if you are 100% certain you have been mis-represented by CS then I think it is worth pursuing this difficult path, as the resolution will hopefully be positive. In hindsight I suspect an ISW would have reached the same conclusion as the SW with regards to my case, as I struggled to accept the risk my dangerous ex posed at that time.

ange301126

Re: Independent Social worker

Post by ange301126 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:32 pm

dear murray,thanks very much for your answer.I guess it would save me a lot of time if I knew the details of the symphathetic ISW you talk of. I don't know if you are allowed to give them over the boards.